Avatar of GI KoreaBy on February 6th, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Why Not to Get Drunk at the Subway

Via Gusts of Popular Feeling comes this video of a drunk man nearly killing himself at a subway station in Seoul:

Yes this guy was extremely lucky that the people at the station helped him out.  Koreans can get a bad rep for not being good samaritans, but in my experience outside of auto accidents Korean civilians are generally quick to help, which is obvious by this footage.

Tags: ,
  • Mark
    12:47 am on February 7th, 2009 1

When I was drunk in the subway, I would just curl up in the fetal position under one of the benches. What surprised me was that Koreans were completely oblivious…like I wasn't even there. Then again, that was probably a good thing. :oops:

• The Clam
    2:07 pm on February 7th, 2009 2

I avoid the subway when drinking. I cab it.

• Rob
    5:28 pm on February 7th, 2009 3

All I'm getting is a photo, no footage.

LOL Mark! :lol:

• Nomad
    6:43 pm on February 7th, 2009 4

The video is here:

9:07 pm on February 7th, 2009 5

Rob you can click the Gusts of Popular Feeling link to see the video as well.

• Mark
    7:04 am on February 8th, 2009 6

By far the worst part of drunk subway travel is that between passing out, getting on the wrong trains, and missing your stops numerous times, it often takes 5 hours to get where you’re trying to go!

• silentgrayfellow
    11:07 am on February 8th, 2009 7

I've never been drunk in the subway becuase it closes too early / opens too late.

• Chemlightbatteries
    9:31 am on March 17th, 2012 8

Lol, I have a few times fallen asleep on the subway after going to the clubs in the Hongdae area. Once I think I rode the line maybe two or three times in a row from one end to the other because I was so tired, or possibly drunk, maybe both. :smile:

Bad Behavior has blocked 30100 access attempts in the last 7 days.