Avatar of GI KoreaBy on August 2nd, 2009 at 9:07 am

Army Wife of USFK Soldier Jailed for Having Sex with A 14 Year Old

Maybe not with a fourteen year old but this same situation of a young soldier with a young wife being separated by a tour to South Korea causing marrital problems is not uncommon:

A western Pennsylvania Army wife will spend six months to two years in jail for having sex with a 14-year-old boy last year.

Mercer County prosecutors learned about the tryst from Ashley Moore’s husband, Army Pfc. Tucker Moore. He sent an e-mail to authorities that he received overseas from his wife last year, confessing the affair.

The soldier defended his now 20-year-old wife at her sentencing Wednesday, saying the Grove City couple married two years ago but spent only a couple of months together before he shipped out. He was in South Korea when he got the e-mail last year.

Ashley Moore told the judge she cheated on her husband after she discovered he was having an affair overseas.

The judge reminded the Moores that the 14-year-old was the victim in the case.  [Army Times]

If it is true that the soldier was cheating on his wife he to could get prosecuted by the military justice system because adultery is illgal in the US military.  However, it is often tough to prove.

Tags: ,
  • Wrenchbender
    4:46 am on August 2nd, 2009 1

Dirtbags!

• BMCOP
    1:39 pm on August 2nd, 2009 2

GI, the Army has been talking about removing Adultry from the UCMJ for years. Adultry cases are almost never persued unless there are other charges to go along with it, as you said…proving adultry is not easy. In my opinion adultry should have been removed from the UCMJ long ago…

• JoeC
    6:26 pm on August 2nd, 2009 3

When I was 15, I had 'an experience' with a woman twice as old. I was told I was mature for my age. She wasn't married.

Maybe for girls there ought to be protective laws. But, I believe for boys it should not be a crime, it should be a right of passage.

• Lola
    8:35 pm on August 2nd, 2009 4

JoeC,

What if it was a man twice your age? Would it still be cool?

• Spelunker
    10:08 pm on August 2nd, 2009 5

Good observation Lola, perhaps that's the difference between "right" and "rite" :!:

• JoeC
    11:07 pm on August 2nd, 2009 6

Lola,

No that wouldn't have been cool because I would have considered that an assault. I was referring to a mutually consensual thing.

Spelunker is correct. By law, it wasn't right but some consider it an acceptable rite. I know of fathers who took their sons to hookers at a certain age. But, then they also smoked dope with them so you can pass a kinds of moral judgments on that.

Bad Behavior has blocked 29575 access attempts in the last 7 days.