Avatar of GI KoreaBy on December 17th, 2009 at 9:44 am

Command Sergeant Major Court Martialed for Penis Incident

Can you imagine have your 29 year military career ended because of some stupid crap like this?:

A brief moment of sexual contact between a senior noncommissioned officer and a subordinate sent both soldiers down different roads of guilt and despair.

Command Sgt. Maj. Antonio Holder found himself ostracized by his peers, and his impressive 29-year military career tarnished as he faced a court-martial. His former driver, a specialist, said the May incident left him unable to eat or sleep normally and with scars on his arms that he attributed to self-inflicted wounds resulting from depression. He said he has repeatedly attempted suicide.

Ultimately, Holder pleaded guilty to fraternizing with a subordinate enlisted man and was sentenced to a reduction in rank to E-8 and a formal reprimand, but not before a daylong sentencing hearing Tuesday at Camp Casey that featured dramatic testimony from the two men about how their lives spiraled downward after an incident that began with a graphic sexual discussion.

“It’s hard to respect … my leaders because I don’t know who I can trust,” the former driver testified. “I used to love the Army. Now I do it because I have to.”

Holder said, “I am truly sorry for the hurt, the shame and the embarrassment that I have brought to all. I am here today pleading guilty to take responsibility and be held accountable for my actions.”

The specialist was assigned to be Holder’s driver earlier this year when both were with the 2nd Infantry Division’s Special Troops Battalion based at Camp Red Cloud in Uijeongbu. On May 13, on a drive between Red Cloud and Yongsan Garrison, Holder said he and his driver got into a discussion “of a sexual nature.” Before Holder could go into greater detail, the judge, Lt. Col. Thomas Kulish, closed the courtroom to spectators, citing the nature of the testimony to come.

However, in his closing argument, defense attorney Capt. Tim Bilecki said that during the discussion in the vehicle between Holder and his driver, the specialist repeatedly bragged about the size of his penis.

The two men disagree about whether what happened next was invited, but Holder admitted in court that he then reached over, undid the driver’s pants, reached in and “brushed up against” the specialist’s crotch through his boxers.

“It was not done for any sexual gratification, but because I was tired of hearing about his penis,” Holder testified. “I should have just ordered him to stop talking about it. … I had a momentary lapse in judgment, and before it registered, the mistake was already made.  [Stars & Stripes]

Read the rest at the link, but the stupid stuff people do to get in trouble never ceases to amaze me.

Tags: ,
  • FOMOJOFOMO
    3:15 am on December 17th, 2009 1

Sounds to me like a gay relationship gone sour.

3:55 am on December 17th, 2009 2

I much prefer talking about tatas and gashes, as I don't own those myself.

• Mark
    4:06 am on December 17th, 2009 3

He's lucky he only got off with a reprimand and one-rank reduction. Had his driver been female, he'd have been slammed.

4:31 am on December 17th, 2009 4

I was surprized he only got droped one rank.

I knew a SgtMaj who got in a fight with a PFC in the ville over some juice girl, back in the 90's. He was forced to retire. Must be the war…maby.

• Tom
    4:38 am on December 17th, 2009 5

fraternizing with a subordinate enlisted man named JohnT should not be made into a crime.

• Tom
    4:39 am on December 17th, 2009 6

I always knew GI's are gay at heart. :lol:

• Shawn
    5:04 am on December 17th, 2009 7

He isn't gay…but his boyfriend is…. :lol:

• ELGRINGOLOCO
    5:36 am on December 17th, 2009 8

Lets see…

If it had been a white SGM and a black driver……

• Chris In Dallas
    5:55 am on December 17th, 2009 9

Yeah, me too! That said, if I had a female driver talking up how awesome her breasts were, the last thing I would do would be to conduct an inspection!

I had a couple of enlisted females communicate receptiveness to me through flirting. A couple of them were drop dead gorgeous. I always declined because its just wrong on so many levels. If a company grade officer with 5 or less years in service can get this, I don't understand how a senior NCO with 29 years completed doesn't…

• Burma Bob
    5:56 am on December 17th, 2009 10

Man-o-Man,

Sounds like the driver had plenty of other issues. Having your pecker grabbed by the CSM is weird, but not weird enough to drive one into the nuthouse. For one, I've always believed that penis size should be a criteria for selection to CSM. Maybe the CSM in this case was trying to determine if his driver should go up for the E5 board or not.

I know of another case, in which a very popular CSM was canoodling with a COL's wife at another post, and he sent her pix of himself astride his Buell motorcycle, nekkid, with his impressive tool draped over the gas tank (it was that big). All was well until the COL found these pix…and recognized his former CSM.

• Lemmy
    5:59 am on December 17th, 2009 11

I know of 4 E9's that have done crap like this. The CSM McKinney brothers were convicted of sexual harassment/assault. The CSM in 2002 who made another male soldier lie down while he did push-ups on him simulating anal intercourse now this. About a year ago several officers up and disappeared from 2ID and USAG-Y because one of their wives posted videos of them engaged in group sex (didn’t come out in the news, it just had them PCS’ing way before their time) and this. Almost forgot about the 1SG screwing her Puerto-Rican subordinates a few months ago.

Where is Pastor Larry Tan when we need him?

• Pete
    7:35 am on December 17th, 2009 12

This was probably not the first time the CSM did something like this, just the first time he was caught. I'm not sure how or why the Army picks so many losers for CSM. The enlisted promotion system needs a complete overhaul similar to what the AF did in 1970. Of course you would need senior leadership that really cared about the Army, not just their own retirement, to make these type of changes. Any takers out there?

8:12 am on December 17th, 2009 13

You could have a point there :idea:

8:15 am on December 17th, 2009 14

:lol:

8:17 am on December 17th, 2009 15

Never – Gonna – Happen

(but it should)

8:36 am on December 17th, 2009 16

Forgot to say: They don't call the Army, "the ghetto of the Armed Services" without reason.

I was in the PI at the Voodoo club one morning (it's 1800 somewhere) and a retired Marine came in.

The Manager noticed that there were reps from the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines there. The Marine asked where the Army was and I raised my SMB. He smiled and said "sorry about that". I smiled, took a drink and said, "not as much as I am". I did get a free SMB from the Marine. (sympathy SMB)

Know the differience between the boy scouts and the army?

The Boy Scouts have "adult" Leadership. :grin:

8:40 am on December 17th, 2009 17

A little "personal experience" there Tommy. Some of those KATUSAs sure looked sweet back in the day. :lol:

• guitard
    8:43 am on December 17th, 2009 18

So……….the driver kept bragging about how he's hung like a mule……….the CSM reached over and grabbed the SPC's crotch to see if he was telling the truth (and to possibly shut him up)……….and then the SPC's life went off the deep end?

8:44 am on December 17th, 2009 19

"Penis Incident" :lol:

More like a Close Encounter! :grin:

• Fork
    9:29 am on December 17th, 2009 20

I wonder what exhibit A was?…"do you recognize the penis here today", yes, it's that dick over there…

Dropped only one grade? I'm thinking a discharge is in order, urethral discharge…a stiff penalty…I wonder if it qualifies him to register as a sex offender? seriously.

The SPC has issues too….

• Joshua Stanton
    10:03 am on December 17th, 2009 21

Kulish is a judge now? He was my boss when I was defense attorney. He spent a lot of time in Korea.

• Hamilton
    10:29 am on December 17th, 2009 22

Never touch another man's package. Not if he dares you. Not if the freak on Saw demands it, not if you are falling off a 1000 foot cliff and it is the only thing within reach.

*****

It reminds me of the Last Boy Scout. "An Accident? Oh sure, her clothes just fell off and you fell on her 100 or so times with your d***." (paraphrasing license)

• 2dogs
    12:58 pm on December 17th, 2009 23

There MUST be some hella stories from that guy!

• JoeC
    1:58 pm on December 17th, 2009 24

There are just some things men should not do. Number one on that list is try to reach into another man's pants. The flip side of that are the things all men must do. Near the top of that list is to protect their own manhood.

If another man tries to reach into your pants he gets punched in the face. Preferably, several times. But one good shot might be enough. It should be instinctual and reflexive. It shouldn't matter how big he is or what his rank is because there shouldn't be any conscious thought involved at all. It should be an automatic response. Deal with whatever consequences later. Hopefully, it just gets the message through that that there are some boundaries you let no one cross.

After you've made your point and it doesn't escalate, you should be able to feel better about yourself and let it go. You won't end up curled up in a fetal position every night, feeling violated and scared about 'what if.'

I could care less about the size of that driver's johnston, but I do question the size of the balls he wears under it.

• Teadrinker
    3:09 pm on December 17th, 2009 25

"There are just some things men should not do."

Like bragging about the size of their dick to other men if they aren't trying to pick them up?

• Teadrinker
    3:12 pm on December 17th, 2009 26

This sounds like the case of one man was being crude, and the other going to far in order to outdo him. Very mature of them.

• Lemmy
    4:45 pm on December 17th, 2009 27

Q: Are you gay?

Objection! Don't ask, don't tell!

Sustained

Q: Did the CSM touch your penis?

A: Yes

Q: Did it move?

A: Yes

No further questions

• 2nd TO None
    11:06 pm on December 17th, 2009 28

"“It was not done for any sexual gratification, but because I was tired of hearing about his penis,”"

So a CSM couldn't shut a SPC up? I really have high doubts that a SPC can constantly be this crude to a CSM

• Lemmy
    5:19 am on December 18th, 2009 29

Am I to understand the CSM was in the British Army and his driver was from Ireland? Or do I have them mixed up? Teadrinker, help me out.

• lirelou
    9:39 am on December 18th, 2009 30

I have to agree with Pete here. When you view this incident with numerous others we have seen in Korea, you have to start wondering about the Army's leadership environment. Maybe the problem was creating the rank of Sergeant Major in the first place. (Or, perhaps, just too many of them.) Of course, it's not like some O-6s haven't been caught with wads of money in their mattress (Contracting Command?), or banking money that the wife made smuggling drugs out of Colombia.

10:36 am on December 18th, 2009 31

Yea, the Army could drop the rank Sergeant Major. At least in Aviation Units.

They don't do squat except drink coffee.

When they try to look responsible, they only muck things up. Sergeants Time was a good example. I sometimes thought it was created to give Sergeants Major something to inspect. Rather than it's stated purpose of giving the Squad Leader time to instruct his people.

Sergeants Major inspecting Motor Pools was equally wasted effort.

Senior Enlisted Advisor? Really? Do CO's really listen to them? Not that I saw.

• Pete
    12:04 pm on December 18th, 2009 32

The two "super grades" E-8 and E-9 were created in 58/59 (3% of total enlisted force) with the specific purpose to replace the warrant officer whom neither fit into the officer ranks or the enlsited ranks. The AF did eliminate the Warrant rank, however the other services did not.

Now they are stuck with two positions that do not do any technical work, but are barred by regulation and law from performing as officers. It has been my observation that a lot of these "super" sergeants create an image of self importance but do very little actual work. It is kind of like the old management theory of work will expand to fill the time alloted.

• guitard
    12:11 pm on December 18th, 2009 33

Senior Enlisted Advisor? Really? Do COs really listen to them? Not that I saw.

It seems like the higher up the chain a Sergeant Major makes it – the less relevant he/she becomes. A Bn CSM still has some influence on and contact with the soldiers in his/her unit (at least – in the Infantry they do). But beyond that, it's just a figurehead position…far removed from soldiers…in an office next to an O-6 or above who pays him/her lip service all day – but in reality doesn't give a sh!t what the CSM has to say.

It must be bitter sweet…you work hard and do the right things – and make it to the top of your profession…only to realize that you don't matter anymore.

• Retired Honorable So
    12:08 am on December 19th, 2009 34

Everybody should just shut-up and leave the man alone. For those of you who NEVER serve under CSM Holder it's easy for you to comment. But I served under the man for 3-years and he was always honorable. He cared about Soldier issues and stood on their side against Command if the Soldier was in the right. Now due to this incident, we just want to forget all the wonderful things that he did for us. Everybody is so judmental but look into your own lives. I'm sure you have done dirt too—your shit just have not caught-up with you yet. Their is only one that can judge us all "GOD" and unless you are "GOD" then shut-up!!!!

• Lemmy
    2:06 am on December 19th, 2009 35

God judges Holder as a homosexual and so do I. God also judges Holder as a burden to society and so do I. Defend him all you want and say what great things he did, but you can't erase the fact that Holder is gay.

You certainly may speak for yourself as you admit to the societal transgressions you have hanging in your closet. I on the other hand have none and it is easy to criticize anyone who willfully admits to something as morally wrong as to what this man did. I don't have to keep quiet and allow others to think this is "not a big deal" because it is. What this man admitted to is disgusting, crude and something decent society does not accept no matter what the circumstances. It is ludicrous for anyone to come to this man's defense. Everyone needs to abide by societies rules of decency, this man did not and no one should ever defend someone like this. Admit what he did is wrong, gross, perverted, and wholly unacceptable. In my opinion, he does not belong in the Army, he belongs in a soup line waiting for the mission to bring the soup. Again, there are people who abide by societies rules and we certainly have nothing to fear from someone like you.

By the way your grammar is horrible and it is a shame you identify yourself as a retired soldier. You had the opportunity to educate yourself and you didn't. What is anyone to think of that?

Lastly, I want to criticize you for adding God to this equation. God apparently made Holder reach into the E4s pants and grab his johnson, well, God didn't do anything to prevent it. God doesn't judge you, but man does. Man also cheats, steals, lies and deceives and God has nothing to do with that either.

• guitard
    3:29 am on December 19th, 2009 36

By the way your grammar is horrible and it is a shame you identify yourself as a retired soldier. You had the opportunity to educate yourself and you didn’t. What is anyone to think of that?

Lemmy – speaking of educating oneself…

You misspelled this word and omitted the possessive marker – "societies" should be written as "society's." If you really did intend to pluralize the word society, you still omitted the possessive marker.

God apparently made Holder reach into the E4s pants…

You omitted the possessive marker here also…this should be "E4's pants…."

Words to live by: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

6:00 am on December 19th, 2009 37

Humm.

I disagree. God is not the only one who can judge. We all "judge" others.

You passed judgement when you wrote that comment. So your a hypocrite.

I judge others every day, just as you obviously do.

I judge the CSM as a waste of money and not fit to "lead" anybody.

Your bring God into this? I just don't understand. I assume you think your better then others because you lean on God.

Sounds like a crutch to me. Maby you need a crutch. I don't know. Oh, and by the way—(who the F— do you think you are telling people on a "blog" to shut up!) Honorable my asssss. :shock:

Do you know "pastor Larry Tan"? He is lookin for some "followers".

Guitard: You out there? Please correct my spelling and other errors I might of made. I only have a public school education and could use the help.

Thanks, I know I can count on you. Remember, "I" never said I was Edumacated.

Yes—I know it shows.

6:17 am on December 19th, 2009 38

In addition: I never knew one, not ONE CSM, that EVER did ANYTHING "wonderful".

Nor did I ever expect too. They just don't have that kind of opportunity to act "wonderful". Unless — maby — in a — "personal way".

What kind of an army were you in? In my army they were, at best, useless.

For you Combat Arms people, I speak of "support units". As in Aviation Support units.

• Lemmy
    9:10 am on December 19th, 2009 39

Here are some other mistakes I made:

this man did not, and no one….

by the way, your……

Army;

grab his johnson, well; God…..

Thank you for identifying the mistakes.

By the way what is the difference between a "possessive marker" and an apostrophe.

9:49 am on December 19th, 2009 40

I can not resist. I tried. Really I did!

"I served under the man for 3 years and he was always honorable."

Really? Three years? UNDER the man! :grin:

Well I'm not surprized you think he is "wonderful". ;-)

Three years, he must be "wonderful". :smile:

• someotherguy
    6:41 pm on December 22nd, 2009 41

Hmmm well the positions of E8/E9 were created with the combat arm's in mind. They do serve a vital function for Infantry / Armor / SF and all that jazz. In the support units their really just a promotion position because there needs to be upper mobility for enlisted within those fields. Imagine if you were told you could never be promoted to E8/E9 because it didn't exist in your field, but the 11B across the street was up for their E9 board soon. It would cause dissent in the ranks. So it must exist as a necessary evil for careerists.

The rank of 1SG has always existed, just before it was more of a duty given to the senior SFC in the company. Its basically the "head dog" back when enlisted really were mostly uneducated and not very intelligent men. That has since changed but you still need a single head honcho for discipline within a company.

CSM is a bit more abstract, their role is supposed to be assisting the field grade officer with the details of training, morale and discipline of their soldiers. In this regard they really don't have much "authority" to do squat, but they are supposed to represent a vast amount of experience that the commander can tap into when necessary. CSM's basically do whatever their attached commander tells them to do. Mostly involving inspections and ensuring standards are being upheld.

This particular CSM was an idiot who needed removed from the flock. I don't want to know what BS he was up to with his driver, it doesn't matter except to those who enjoy tabloids.

And yes I agree that the vast amount of E8/E9's today are junk. They are the by-product of a system that encourages back stabbing, bullet dodging (dodging responsibility of actions of your subordinates), and over the top political correctness. Most of them spend entirely too much time screwing with soldiers, and just inventing crap to do, and not enough time actually talking with people and solving real problems (another actual use for a CSM is to un-fuck problems). Although I do prefer the "golf course at 1600" types because it means their not spending their time screwing with me and letting me do my damn job and take care of my own soldiers.

Sorry mini-rant on a sore subject

• On the fence soldier
    12:55 am on December 23rd, 2009 42

I also served with CSM Holder. He was a good mentor, but he had flaws. Speaking in sexual tones was one of them. But he only did it around people that he knew and trusted. NEVER AROUND JUNIOR TROOPS. But like someone else said, the higher you get the less likely you see your faults.

The driver had to be gay. You don't talk about your JOHNSON to another man unless he's your doctor. And you never let a man open your pants and touch your JOHNSON. That was GAY!!!

• ActiveSGM
    12:19 pm on December 26th, 2009 43

I am an active duty SGM with 26 years of service 10 years as a 11B PLT SGT, serving in 82d,101st,and 25th ID, and the last 16 years as a combat support 1SG and SGM. So after reading some of the comments about the rank of 1SG/CSM ect…reguarding combat arms or support are clearly from someone who never served in either branch. or should I say served sucessfully!!!! The Bottomline here is I think everyone has jumped on the gay driver bandwagon, but wait, what about the GAY CSM!! I would bet has been doing this for years. Should have been reduced to E1 AND A BCD!! Photo should be on the front of the Army Times with a caption that reads sex offender.

CSM Holder assult on this Soldier is the real story not the gay bandwagon Soldier. Lets see if this was a female Solder driving and the CSM reached over and unbuttoned her ACU's and thouched her the charged would be ASSULT not fraternizing!!! Holder is a disgrace to the NCO Corps and all the senior leaders that are doing the right thing day and night. And buy the way I served with CSM Holder as a 1SG in a sister Battalion.

• Pete
    3:29 pm on December 26th, 2009 44

If the Army didn't have this Driver thing then this would not have happened. In the AF even the Wing Commander does his own driving. No E-9 is important enought to rate a driver. A big waste of manpower.

• 2dogs
    8:26 pm on December 26th, 2009 45

Well, yeah, maybe- that and a moratorium on hiring poofters :lol:

• Retired Soldier
    5:40 pm on December 31st, 2009 46

To make a comment like that you obviously have to be an Officer or someone that has never served in the US Army. All E9’s does not get a Driver only the Battalion Command Sergeant Major BNCSM—understand. If the Battalion Commander which is a LTC (O-5) for those of you who don’t know can have his driver then why can’t a BNCSM? Both are educated and have college degrees especially in the so called “New Army” so what makes the Officer better than the Non-commissioned Officer? When the shit hit the fan—in a time of combat—many Officer’s lead from the REAR and the NCO lead from the FRONT. We are the backbone of the Army but you would know that if you were an NCO. I have served in combat MOS for 23-years as 11B5X — Infantry Drill Sergeant so you need to give respect to NCO’s or don’t make a comment.

• Retired Soldier
    6:08 pm on December 31st, 2009 47

I have read many comments of Sergeant Majors, Retired Military personnel, etc and most of you seem to condemn CSM Holder. First let’s set the record Straight—I was NOT defending him—I was just saying that Human Beings cannot judge. We do of course because we think that our shit doesn’t stink but everybody is entitled to their opinion—and as you know opinions are like

(Editor Note: You used a cuss word and that is why your comment was put into the spam que)

—everybody has one. No man or woman on this earth hasn’t done something in their life that they haven’t regretted, especially that dumbass who commented earlier when he claimed that he lived a straight-arrow life because he is full of shit. This comment is for you LEMMY and you RETIRED GI — because I bet you are doing nothing in your life right now. I have been in Infantry for 23 years, combat 3-times with a CIB and many other awards and enlisted in the mid 80’s (The Real Army) what the fuck kind of Army you are in or were in? CSM’s as well as Officers respect those who are educated and I have a Masters Degree—what kind of degree do you have Lenny? They also respect those who doesn’t take any shit from anyone and I never had to Kiss anybody’s ass have you? A can call myself a “Real Man” can you? For all you ignorant Black people out there let me ask you a question—-how much do you judge the White Man? They rapped your ancestors and changed your bloodline forever but I bet you kiss their ass. Let’s get deep with this conversation—–The White Man is Guilty of: Rape, Murder, Theft, and many other horrible other thing they did to Black people during Slavery but I bet you don’t judge them. Look at how this nation separated when President Obama was elected. Just because he is a Blackman—White Society continues to judge him on everything but yet they praised BUSH and he was the DUMBEST President we had in history. I agree that CSM Holder should have used better judgment but I cannot agree with some of your opinions when you say that he should have been put out of the Army because I have seen while the following: Women Officers sleeping with everybody men and women and nothing happen; Men Officers O-5 and above sleeping with E6’s; 1SG’s sleeping with E2’s, Officers and NCO sharing women, etc and they were all WHITE and it was common knowledge and nothing happen to them. So all I am saying is that I don’t support CSM Holder’s actions but let be fair. If we ruin his life then we need to do the same for all especially the Whiteman. UNDERSTAND

• Pete
    10:18 pm on December 31st, 2009 48

Unless things have changed an E-9 ranks just behind a 2LT.

So, based on pecking order this penis head CSM must have been working at Battalion level. If he is an example of who is selected to lead the enlisted at Battalion level I wonder about the quality of lower tiered CSM personnel. If an O-6 or even a BG in the AF can drive themself, why in the heck can't an Army CSM? Surely these highly educated CSMs possess an operator's permit.

• Chris In Dallas
    3:16 am on January 1st, 2010 49

Retired Soldier: What are you talking about? Yeah, a whole lot of E8s and E9s aren't authorized drivers. But they all seem to have them. No complaints about that, but lets get real!

Pete: Its really not practical for senior Army officers and NCOs to drive themselves around. At least not in the field. Did you see the movie "Black Hawk Down"? Could you imagine LTC McKnight trying to fight his battalion in that mess AND drive a HMMWV?

3:59 am on January 1st, 2010 50

Pete

#1 I agree with your Pecking order.

#2 As BN Master Driver Instructor in Korea and later at Fort Hood, (additional duty) I can tell you that No CSM ever attended a drivers class of mine. So "legally" they couldn't possess an Operator's Permit. Most had one. (CO's OER) Were not assigned (as driver) to any MV. Performed no PMCS of said vehicles.

But they did show up at Motor Pool (coffee cup in hand). Usually the CSM would fuss about proper PMCS. Then he would walk off for more coffee. Most did not know what a proper PMCS was. Something breaks and they scream about proper PMCS not being done. Troops would smile to themselves cause they knew what the CSM obviously didn't. The breakage was not part of the PMCS, so would never be detected in said PMCS. Then he would go for more coffee.

Retired Soldier, "so what makes the Officer better than the Non-commissioned Officer?"

Quite obviously—wait for it—(THEY ARE COMMISSIONED) :grin:

Officers have a "real" degree, not one secured during their enlistment.

The HUGE difference in pay.

The HUGE difference in job responsibility. (officers have a job)

Where as a CSM's job discription is (keeper of the guidon and senior enlisted adviser to the CO). Translation: Has an office and a coffee maker, uses both. Sometimes leads PT runs. Sometimes inspects "sergeants time" training with other senior NCO's for company, coffee cup in hand. If weather is bad—maby not.

I liked it better when a SERGEANT was respected for being — A SERGEANT!

Not this made up B/S of a "non-commissioned officer".

Who the hell decided that was a good idea. "Yea, we can be Officers, just without a commission!" :???:

What? your title "confirms" that you are missing something? Your an "Officer" but no one has to salute you, because you don't have a "commission"?

Gone now, when a SERGEANT could respond with outrage when someone called him Sir by mistake, and state, "don't call me Sir, I work for a livin".

Must have happened under Clinton's watch.

Oh, and "infantry drill sergeant", Number one: I don't GIVE respect to anyone. They may EARN my respect, if able, but my RESPECT will not be GIVEN to any officer, commissioned or otherwise.

YOU as an "NCO", should know that!

Respect can only be earned. When you salute those Officers that really HAVE a commission, your not respecting the person. Your respecting the RANK. The person wearing the rank may or may not be worthy.

Put the propaganda books down. Hang your ribbons on the wall. Smile at a job well done.

And never, never, never ever demand that someone "give" you anything, much less respect.

I'm back home how. No one understands what my past life was, nor do they care.

That is my recon report to you about your future. Better get a hobby.

• Retired Soldier
    7:39 am on January 1st, 2010 51

Christ I dont know about this New Army but in my Army only E9 Battalion CSM's and Battalion CO's were allowed drivers not E8's at least in combative MOS's and again if an NCO or Oficer took advantage of their position then that NCO forgotton the NCO Creed. If you live by the NCO Creed then you cannot go wrong. I was always a honorable Soldier, my biggest problem was always fighting as you can imagine being in Infantry.

• Retired Soldier
    7:49 am on January 1st, 2010 52

For the person that made the comment of why don’t we go back and have Sergeants—then that proves that there are still several idiots in this World today. Many things improve over time dahhhhhhhh nothing stay the same. If you don’t know the difference between a Sergeant and an NCO then it’s obvious that you have NEVER been a NCO. Maybe you wore the rank of E5 or E6 but that still didn’t make you an NCO. Just because a person wears the rank with Sergeant Stripes doesn’t make them an NCO. Let me break it down for you—an NCO is PROFESSIONAL /// a Sergeant is “NOT” understand. For example, years ago when I worked for CSM Holder he was an NCO but this recent incident he committed makes him a Sergeant because he use his rank to make his point. Now do you understand the difference or do I have to get a box of crayons.

9:07 am on January 1st, 2010 53

"let me break it down for you–an NCO is PROFESSIONAL /// a Sergeant is "NOT" understand."

#1 This from the "NCO" that stated, "my biggest problem was always fighting".

Too funny. :lol: VERY Professional of you as well. ;-)

Oh, and when you ask if someone "understands", your asking a question. It should end in a question mark. Understand? What happened to the education of those Professional and highly educated NCO? I know there are some.

I'm sure our veterans appreciate your judgement that a Sergeant is defined by you as being unprofessional. That's called sarcasm. Understand?

If your an example of a PROFESSIONAL "NCO", I would RATHER be called a Sergeant.

At the least, I was able to exercise some control over myself and not get into fights. I was the guy that got them home rather than let the MPs take them.

Sergeants don't demand you give them respect. Sergeants EARN your respect.

I knew some very good Sergeants. I used them as Mentors and hope I was as professional in my leadership as they were.

If being called a Sergeant is now a derogatory term, that is sad. May go a ways in explaining why our professional nco corps now needs a curfew in korea.

To be called an idiot, by one such as you? Son, that is just too funny. :lol:

• Unsatisfied LG DACOM
    9:49 am on January 1st, 2010 54

Who would run promotion and Soldier of the Month boards if not E8s and E9s? 80% of their time is spent doing as much.

11:19 am on January 1st, 2010 55

How do Officers get promoted? Answer that and let the enlisted do same. Of course that would lead to other changes. But these would bring Officers and Non-Coms closer together. Pay, career planning, housing would all have to change.

So, It will never happen. Non-Coms are the cheap help as far as the pecking order of rank is. The Lower enlisted, now called "junior" enlisted to make them "feel" better, are the factory floor workers. Non-coms are middle management and make a little money along with signing a longer contract.

• Unsatisfied LG DACOM
    1:35 pm on January 1st, 2010 56

You have a "master's degree," not a "master degree." Have a nice day.

• Chris In Dallas
    1:55 pm on January 1st, 2010 57

"I was just saying that Human Beings cannot judge."

Then later…

"but yet they praised BUSH and he was the DUMBEST President we had in history."

I suppose you're not a human being given you judged! As to the rest, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both.

• Retired Soldier
    6:02 pm on January 1st, 2010 58

I can tell by you're responses that you are a E-1 through E-4 because a Sergeant or NCO cannot be that stupid. unless you are in the Air Force or the Navy

• Retired Soldier
    7:46 pm on January 1st, 2010 59

You are an idiot because as I stated, in the Old Army a Sergeant was a good thing–learn how to read and understand what you read. But in this so called New Army a Sergeant is defined as a bad thing UNDERSTAND?????—you happy asshole. Furthermore don’t give me a lesson on writing because any idiot can point out a few mistakes but what type of education do you have? I can make grammer mistakes all day long but I still have a Master Degree—what do you have? WhenI got into fights I was an E-5 NOT an E-8 you stupid idiot. I was just using that as an example. I am so glad that you are out of the Army because you are really dumb. You try to break-down every word that I say and twist it around but hey, try that on someone with a GED. Your mind could NEVER be as advanced as my mind.

9:16 pm on January 1st, 2010 60

:lol: I have enough of an education to expose you, the Infantry, and at least a percentage of “senior non-coms” for the over rated, over payed and semi-useless Air Suckers that you obviously are.

Could not have done it without your assistance! Thanks :razz:

Oh, and an E-5, last I checked IS an NCO. Understand?
    Let me guess.
    Your going to say you were young and stupid. Look on the bright side.
    At least you grew out of being young. :grin:

I would think there are some that are happy you are out as well.
    I’m sure they will soon forget about you.
    Have a nice day and thanks for the entertainment. :lol:

You and Pastor Larry Tan should get together. :idea:

11:45 pm on January 1st, 2010 61

Ladies and Gentlemen, cast your eyes to exhibit "B", retired soldier. A fine example of the (Army) Senior Non-Commissioned Officer's mind and personality. As the subject stated, he has a very advanced mind. ;-)

I believe we have answered the question of, "what is the difference between a (Professional NCO of the Army) and your average everyday Officer". :shock:

• Lemmz
    1:11 am on January 2nd, 2010 62

Other than rank, there is no glaring difference in anyone in the Army. The Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force are social welfare systems for the USA. The services provide a "work program" for Americans in return for a paycheck. Anymore, rank has little to do with your qualifications. With the computer age came "online" college courses to accompanY things like The University of Maryland University College (whatever that means) and numerous other so called schools on military installations. I have no respect for these establishments simply because if you show up to class or say something like "I was deployed" you pass the class. There is a new age saying that goes: "If you pay the fee, you get the B". This has opened the door to many people who do not belong in a college classroom. But, as a result, these people end up as commissioned officers.

Some years ago universities were able to screen out those who did not belong in a college classroom, however with the lucrative business of receiving money from a guaranteed source such as the activity duty college system, the universities needed to cash in on this opportunity.

Now there are people like CPT Armand Lee who was dismissed from the service. This person was an enlisted medical administrative specialist who "paid the fee and got the B." However upon his commission he brought with him his horrible upbringing, terrible morals, worthless values and complete lack of decency. Lee was assigned to a unit with a majority of soldiers with a technical MOS that requires a minimum 110 GT score on the ASVAB and a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance. In this unit 40% of the enlisted soldiers already held a degree from an actual university not an on base degree factory. As part of the security clearance background checks were done to eliminate criminals and drug users. In other words, the enlisted personnel assigned to the unit were very high quality. They were very intelligent and able to problem solve quite easily and think on a higher level than someone of average intelligence. Remember, the enlisted ranks have the ASVAB to determine aptitude or intelligence.

A commissioned officer does not have a test to determine his level of intelligence. The Army simply decides a college degree is good enough. We all know this is not the case any longer. In Lee's case he was put in charge of a lot of people who were far and above his intelligence level and as a result, moral and function of that unit suffered greatly to a point the unit was combat ineffective while Lee had any position of authority. It doesn't matter what rank a person holds or the position they are in. It is up to the individual to make their mark on the world. And with the Army being one of the greatest social welfare systems the nation has, it has to, at any cost, present an appearance of equal opportunity. Wether that is promoting people who don't belong to commissioned officers, warrant officers, or senior NCO in irrevelent. The down side to equal opportunity is lack of leadership.

This pervert CSM is a result of equal opportunity and there are plenty more perverts like Holder and underservings like Lee.

I used Lee as an example simply because he was the worst human being I have ever come across. It is truly a miracle that he was kicked out of the Army simply because of his skin color.

My catch all: I know there are commissioned officers, warrant officers, non-commissioned officers, and junior enlisted who will succeed in any endevor. I am honored and blessed to have served with many of them. I hope everyone has the chance to experience that because it is something you never forget.

• Khaki Mukiwa
    1:19 am on January 2nd, 2010 63

At least Holder can have a new call sign/nick name…

"The Richard Holder", "Meat Gazer", etc…

Might as well have a good time at someone else's expense!

• JoeC
    6:00 am on January 2nd, 2010 64

You’ve gone so far out on a limb that you’ve completely forgotten the topic here.

How can you suggest that Army Sergeants and NCOs have superior intelligence when the subject is about an Army CSM who didn’t consider the consequences of being a peter puller?

12:09 am on January 3rd, 2010 65

Your story of Captain Lee was a sad example of Army Leadership today. I was in that group of Soldiers that required a minimun 110 GT, and in the beginning a Secret Clearance for the MOS. More often than not, those Officers (not so much) and "professional NCOs" (very often)

were sub-standard mentally and cared more about shining boots and pressed uniforms than the every day mission, which they often didn't understand.

What you said about the on base/online degree mills was quite true as well.

Which is why I have little (none) respect for those that max out there education for promotion points.

Often my MOS would acquire an "ex" 11B. They were always the one who's sitting around telling the "mine is bigger/faster/tougher" story lines. Then there are the women who seem to look for the "big dog" that can make their life better and in doing so disrupt the "harmony" of the Platoon.

You hit on an interesting point about the Army being a social welfare work program. I often found myself in charge of these types, post 1996. When these types reach any leadership level, you could just "pull up a chair" and watch the Platoon decline. I will not go into the outright stupidity of the 1st CAV, 2004 in Iraq. Trying to forget it!

I also agree with the EO program being a problem when it comes to advancement. When you need to promote based on sex or race, the system is broken. The military says it doesn't happen but if your in the system, you know it does.

After stating the above, I will also state that there were always those that I was/am very happy to have known and been friends with. Those that I respected came from all ranks, even two CSM.

But there were far too many that the word "ignorant" came to mind rather than "respect". The Holder situation did not surprize me. He is only one of many serving today, and the number one reason why I retired at the first opportunity. The Army did fine before me and will do fine after me.

In any case, it is the house that the Army built. But I am proud to have added a couple of bricks during my time.

• TOLG
    8:35 am on January 3rd, 2010 66

Befores you judges me i may not be able to spells master degreeze

gradatuate but thanks to the armies I are one. That pieces of paper makes me smart UNDERSTAND?????

12:21 pm on January 3rd, 2010 67

[DELETED BY ADMIN - Personal Attack]

1:52 am on January 4th, 2010 68

ADMIN–I think you should read it more carefully.

As I stated, it would be an insult TO those groups to include him in them. :grin:

That isn't a personal attack per say. More a way of saying he is not worthy OF a personal attack. :lol:

2:09 am on January 4th, 2010 69

Can I say, The Huffington Post is missing their village (fill in the blank)? That he MAY fill that discription? That isn't an attack, so much as a question. :grin:

May I say that he is NOT an (fill in the blank), but if he studies up he might reach that level?

Again that is not an attack. It is more like advice for self improvement.

• Retired too
    12:29 pm on February 17th, 2010 70

That must make you a navy seaman :lol:

• millie
    8:59 am on May 21st, 2010 71

:roll: I know SGM Holder. A lil before this incident happen I was his driver too for awhile. I am a female Spc in the army and was also stationed there in Camp Red Cloud. He is not a bad guy. He was always doing right for the soldiers. I don't care if indeed he did it or not. I know the male Spc that was his driver the one who claims the SGM touched him. He wasn't all the way there. He is the type of person who talks and talks and don't know when to shut up. So i just want to say that i am behind my SGM 100%. People makes mistakes and they shouldn't be judge for the rest of their life over what one says. Over all he did his years and fought for his country as a SGM or not

• JoeC
    11:25 am on May 21st, 2010 72

Just curious. If he had groped you, would you have reported it?

• Tom Langley
    11:55 am on May 21st, 2010 73

I wonder if the male SPC driver who now claims that he is gone bonkers because the CSM grabbed his private parts is in reality trying to get disability, just a thought.

• millie
    3:45 pm on May 21st, 2010 74

:???: yes i would have reported it, but he never tried anything with me. I respected him and looked up to him like a father.

• Anonymous
    6:50 pm on May 21st, 2010 75

So you are Gods equal? You are an idiot!

• Anonymous
    6:55 pm on May 21st, 2010 76

SGM & CSM are stupid ranks mostly filled with illiterate men and women who are only interested in self sevice. The military would be better served without that rank.

• Anonymous
    6:58 pm on May 21st, 2010 77

You are a moron. Officers are ALWAYS better than non-comissioned officers! The Army would actually work better with NO NCOs, only officers and junior enlisted.

• archieb
    8:55 pm on May 21st, 2010 78

It sounds like you're not his type.

• ChickenHead
    9:36 pm on May 21st, 2010 79

Q: What's the difference between being Command Sgt. Maj. Antonio Holder and cleaning your toolbox?

A: You don't get demoted and reprimanded for brushing your driver.

Q: How are they the same?

A: You both know the length of your driver's shaft and the shape of its head.

• Jinro Dukkohbi
    11:43 pm on May 21st, 2010 80

Anybody tracking stats on senior NCOs screwing up vs. senior officers? I haven't heard of any 'blockbuster' senior officer cases since Major Num-Nutz threw his wife's body off the bridge to Incheon airport a few years back…

• Lemmy
    3:08 am on May 22nd, 2010 81

And you won't hear about senior officers screwing up. Here is an example: about 2 years ago a senior leader departed Korea sooner than his DEROS. The ROK Drop had a story about the guy and why he left. Anyway, there were several senior leaders who departed the same week as the aforementioned leader. All left a lot sooner than their command/job rotation and DEROS. One of those was a senior leader of an organization that I had special friends. According to the special friend. The person was relieved on the spot after a video appeared on the internet. The video showed several senior leaders along with their wives engaging in activities with each other. Poof, they disappeared and very very few knew what actually happened. I'm sure they didn't dare say anything for fear of losing their job as you could imagine the embarassment to the organization something like this would cause.

• Dragonfly
    4:10 am on May 22nd, 2010 82

Who in their right mind would do that? I've heard guys brag about their dimensions, but it never crossed my mind to actually perform a short arms inspection on them! What was he thinking? Like his previous driver said, he may have been an outstanding NCO. But what are people going to remember him for now? He'll always be thought of as Sergeant Major Pecker Checker. "Uh, no thanks Sergeant Major. I'll straighten my own gig line".

• Dragonfly
    4:22 am on May 22nd, 2010 83

Also… along with what Tom said – Because of the publicity, documentation, notoriety, etc. it does set the driver up for claiming a disability based on military sexual trauma. Even though it sounded like the driver wanted some type of verification/validation of his claims from the SGM. I think most guys would have gotten the vehicle stopped and been standing outside before he had even started unzipping their pants.

• guitard
    9:30 am on May 22nd, 2010 84

Was this some special video that could only be viewed on the internet in Korea?

So that after they all PCSed out of Korea – all of a sudden that video ceased to matter and they could carry on with their careers as normal?

Please contact your "special friend" and ask — I'm sure he/she knows the answer.

• Jinro Dukkohbi
    11:04 am on May 22nd, 2010 85

Yeah – the officers seem to always have had their own little special protective deal. These guys post a video and slip quietly slip quietly away due to a convenient PCS, but the video of the female 1SG getting it on with her E-5 subordinate surfaces and it's courts martial all around ending in dude blowing his head off. I'm not saying that whole drama from the trailer park didn't go where it needed to go – it was wrong on so many levels. But – it would be nice for some equal treatment when it comes to being a dumba$$, no matter what your rank…

11:10 am on May 22nd, 2010 86

People makes mistakes and they shouldn’t be judge for the rest of their life over what one says.

Some if someone were to assault your family or harm someone you love it is OK? After all, people make mistakes and shouldn't be judged for the rest of their lives. :roll:

• Jinro Dukkohbi
    12:46 pm on May 22nd, 2010 87

Just 'made a mistake' huh? I'm sure if you check just a bit, this isn't the first time this dude has tried some crap like that. It never ceases to amaze me in today's Army environment of CLASS after CLASS on no-no's in the workplace, people still don't get it. If someone's so infatuated about the size of their own or somebody else's schlong, perhaps they should look into a job in the adult entertainment industry…

• ChickenHead
    1:16 pm on May 22nd, 2010 88

All the action on this topic is definitely here…

…so, for those of you who missed it, here it is again.

For a CSM and a solder,

talk of peniis size became bolder.

Then sarge reached ‘cross the seat

and grasped private meat.

For he was both toucher and Holder.

12:20 am on May 23rd, 2010 89

Here is a officer murder case from a couple of years ago:

Here is the story that Lemmy is referring to in his posting:

Also so here is another case of some other possible officer shadiness going on:

Also if you go through the USFK court martial results you will see that there is plenty of officers who get in trouble. A lot of them for DUI's:

• G3 SGM (Retired)
    1:03 pm on June 12th, 2010 90

Reading this story reminded me of a time when I was the SGM of a staff in the ROK back in the 90's, and I had a young 20 year old Korean PFC as my driver.

One day while sitting in my office doing paperwork, the private (who had recently gotten engaged to his young Korean childhood sweetheart) came in and out of the blue asked me "Sergeant Major, how do you kiss?"

I was quite taken aback by the question and after a moment or two, trying my best to suppress the laughter that was building up inside of me, I said to the private "You mean you're about to be married and you haven't even kissed your bride to be?" He answered "Yes I have, but she keeps complaining to me that I don't know how to kiss."

I shifted around uneasily in my chair and again suppressed my strong inclination to burst out laughing as I thought to myself that this young man was dead serious in his question to his Sergeant Major. Here was a young man about to marry the young lady of his dreams, and he doesn't even know how to kiss her, or at least not to her satisfaction.

So I said to the private, "Well, Private ____, she obviously loves everything else about you if she's committed to becoming your wife, so I recommend you ask her how she likes to be kissed. I'm sure she would gladly show and tell you all about what pleases her in that department."

A few months after I retired the private contacted me from his new duty station in Fort Polk. He was happily married then, and still is today as an E-7 after 14 years of marriage. Once, he even called me and thanked me for the advice I gave him that day about his little dilemma, and reiterated his respect for me as his Sergeant Major and first line supervisor.

As for me, I'm just glad I controlled my urge to laugh, and in spite of the urge, I was able to impart some meaningful advice to him with obviously positive results.

Now, after reading this story about CSM Holder, I cannot help but wonder (had it been him that the private had come to for advice) if he would have taken it upon himself to personally explain, demonstrate, and conduct practical work with the private on the task of "kissing!"

• Fred
    8:23 am on September 24th, 2011 91

Well I must say that you think you kknow someone and look up to them and then you are talkiing one day to someone who just got back from Korea and you ask them if they know CSM, now MSG Holder and he tell me about this incident. I cannot believe this I have know Tony for 26 years and weworked on Nukes when the Army had them. Very disappointed in Antonio. I have know him for over 20 years.

• 1SG (R)
    6:22 am on November 24th, 2011 92

I am totally with retired GI. Before I retired, I declined to be promoted to Sergeant Major because most CSM’s have sold their sole. The CSM position is nothing but an a$$ kissing, political whipping boy who runs around mucking things up for his First Sergeants. I would do away with this position because they are out of touch with reality and make life hard for small units. They will turn on you to please their boss. First Sergeants are company level leaders and need to be left alone to lead their companies.
    A small example I will share…I had Gunnery skills training planned for a day, and we were to begin gunnery the next day. Normal practice. I could do that, but the CSM freaked out when his CSM decided he wanted to inspect our barracks on that same day. So we stopped training and went to clean barracks. Then, we shot gunnery the next day with no train-up. As a 1SG, I kept my soldiers well trained on gunnery skills, so we did fine. However, we could have done better if we were able to focus on training. It took two CSMs to scew in that light bulb. This kind of stuff happens regularly.
    We could could cut the deficits a little by doing away with them.

• that SPC
    7:34 pm on November 19th, 2012 93

i was the driver and i have a few things to say 1st off this is wrong of many of you to talk about the situation as a joke and i said stop and no that should have been enough no physical violence should be needed also i was much younger and way more naive then so i didnt know how to react i froze and was scared regardless im not a nut im not crazy NO means NO regardless how it is said plain and simple

• guitard
    7:51 pm on November 19th, 2012 94

that SPC wrote:

i didnt know how to react i froze and was scared

It sounds like you were scared stiff.

• that SPC
    8:31 pm on November 19th, 2012 95

yes i was and many people wanna say how they would react but you know what no one actually knows how they will react to a situation until it happens to them and even then it wouldnt be the same because we as humans are all different and would react as such
    (different)

• BBBBBBBBBBell
    8:34 pm on November 19th, 2012 96

@93: If you are not crazy then why are you re-hashing this thread? It looks like it was long forgotten about 1 year ago. Also, work on your punctuation. You wrote an entire paragraph without using one period. It is a headache to read.
    @94: That was a cheap shot.

• Hamilton
    9:35 pm on November 19th, 2012 97

#96 Definitely below the belt.

• Bobby Ray
    10:26 pm on November 19th, 2012 98

I knew a young fellow that had just about the same thing happen. This old boy with a higher position unzipped this young fellow’s fly and pulled his pecker clean out as some kind of joke that may or may not have been funny at the time. Well this young fellow gets real smart and says to him “if you is man enough to pull my pecker out you is man enough to suck it.”

Well this old boy hops right down and sucks that pecker till it finishes. Goodness me.

I guess being a smartypants didn’t work out real well cause that young fellow was never right after that. He was always getting his drink on and crying around how he likes gals but he was worried plum sick he might be one of them homos.

If that driver and that CSM had worked together a little more, this here story might have had a happy ending.

• Setnaffa
    10:38 pm on November 19th, 2012 99

DADT…

• Ole Tanker
    8:31 am on November 20th, 2012 100

Did Holder hang out in the showers at the unit or the Gym? :cool:

Also Holder missed his chance to say it was just a random inspection..or “on the spot” correction, “Is this sucker leaning right or left as per regulation?”

“short arm”. :cool:

• Retired 1SG
    1:22 pm on May 9th, 2014 101

I’m going to join this conversation–very late of course. I was the 2ID DSTB HQs 1SG when Holder arrived to the unit. My impression was that he was a typical service support guy and had no business being a CSM. His first week in the ROK, he called the MPs on 2 Soldiers drinking alcohol on a bus to Yong San–which is not illegal–it was a military contract bus running Americans from post to post. The rub here is that the Soldiers bought their own ticket so in fact it was not a military bus just a bus that served the military. The resulting fallout was that all his 1SGs got chewed out by the Division CSM and lectured on the principles of using their UCMJ given authority rather than relying on the MPs to enforce standards, while creating several new MP blotter reports–which is always bad. Holder showed zero leadership (that I can recall) to his 1SGs and protected minorities as if they were being targeted at all times, despite the Soldier being 100% in the wrong. Holder engaged in nepotism by having his nephew reassigned from the harder Camp Casey field units to work in the Camp Red Cloud dining facility. He didn’t understand or support the concept of mentorship for young troubled Soldiers and didn’t once stand up to the Battalion Commander for 1SG’s who were faithfully carrying out their duties. To those who disrespect E8/E9 in their previous posts you are not speaking from experience because a 1SG is a force multiplier–ask any General Officer–but not all 1SGs are created nor execute their duties equally. Despite all that I said about Holder, I liked him personally but then I like almost everybody. It’s possible that his victim was one of my Soldiers and that knowledge hurts me, for that I cannot forgive Holder.

Bad Behavior has blocked 31349 access attempts in the last 7 days.