Avatar of GI KoreaBy on February 22nd, 2011 at 7:07 pm

What I Like About Korea: #15 – Incheon International Airport

Incheon International Airport is one of the best airports I have ever flown in or out of. It definitely beats the good old days when old school Korea guys like me remember using Kimpo Airport to get into and out of Korea. The airport is beautifully designed and easy to get in and out of. The subway is now connected to the airport making it even easier to get to and from the airport though I prefer taking the Limousine Bus myself.  The quality of this airport is evident by the fact that it is consistently ranked as one of the top airports in the world.

_____________________________________________________________________

Note: This is an ongoing series that is systematically counting down the Top 25 things I like about Korea.  Let me know in the comments section if this is something you like about Korea?

Tags: , , ,
  • Retired GI
    12:13 pm on February 22nd, 2011 1

Incheon Airport is #1 on my list of airports to have a long lay-over in. They have an area open 24/7 with a nice area to sleep in and net access free of charge.

• Tom
    12:27 pm on February 22nd, 2011 2

^the homeless people from foreign countries are starting to move in now.

• setnaffa
    1:46 pm on February 22nd, 2011 3

They even have decent restaurants!!

Far better than Newark or O'Hare!!

3:59 pm on February 22nd, 2011 4

#2 Lost in translation :evil:

• Songtan1
    9:24 pm on February 22nd, 2011 5

#4 That's because he hangs out there and doesn't quite know what country he is now associated with:roll:

• Marcus Ambrose
    11:04 am on February 23rd, 2011 6

I was going to say something nice about Inchon, it is a great airport.

Tom, just gotta drag foreigner in it? Man, you really are a hater in everything.

• Simon
    10:06 pm on February 23rd, 2011 7

I fully agree. I've only flown to Toronto from Incheon, and – I swear – Toronto's airport is so bloody dirty and old looking that I'm a bit embarrassed when I compare it to Incheon airport. Bah!

• Teadrinker
    6:57 am on February 24th, 2011 8

The first thing that hits you when you walk out of the secure areas at Incheon is the stench of stale cigarette smoke. That ruins the airport for me.

• Luke
    9:59 am on February 24th, 2011 9

The sad thing is MB and his family-related persons are trying to sell the airport, which is world No.1 in its performance and profit, to foreign investment consortium. They are not acting in full scale for now owing to the public. Tell your friends or people this illogical judgment which only enriched MB and his family's bank account.

• john
    10:33 am on February 24th, 2011 10

#9

Heard that too. When the SK parliament was having their annual grilling session of ministers few months ago, even the ruling party members were rebuking the minister in charge for even considering selling the inchoeon airport, an airport that's making a profit and one other airports are trying to learn from.

Not gonna happen. Better not happen. It will be political suicide.

Bad Behavior has blocked 30163 access attempts in the last 7 days.