That is what Wikileaks has supposedly released that the South Korean media is now running with:
South Korea vastly under reported its share of the cost of a massive U.S. base relocation project to lawmakers and the public, according to U.S. diplomatic dispatches cited by the South Korean media Wednesday.
The dispatches, released by WikiLeaks, said Ministry of National Defense publicly stated that South Korea would pay for half of the project, but the U.S. estimated in 2007 that South Korea might be responsible for as much as 93 percent of the relocation to U.S. Army Garrison-Humphreys, then estimated at $10 billion.
“We are aware of the press reports,” U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Col. Jonathan Withington said in an email on Wednesday night. “We do not comment on the authenticity of the documents released by WikiLeaks and we strongly condemn any continued, illegal disclosure of classified U.S. Government information.” [Stars & Stripes]
You can read more at the link, but the overall costs of the relocation according to the article is $13 billion.
I really don’t believe the 93% number being thrown around considering that the GAO was critical of USFK earlier this year of the $18 billion in costs they were looking at in regards to the USFK transformation plan. So if South Korea is paying upwards to $13 billion and USFK is paying $18 billion that sounds like cost sharing to me?