Avatar of GI KoreaBy on February 7th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Video of the “Collision In Korea” Wrestling Event

» by in: North Korea

In my previous Faces In Korea posting about Muhammad Ali one of the events he attended was the “Collision In Korea” professional wrestling event in North Korea.  On YouTube the then Pay-Per-View event that was held on April 28th and 29th, 1995 in Pyongyang has been uploaded for those curious enough to watch. After looking through these videos I think it is only fitting that fake wrestling was being done in Pyongyang in front of a fake audience.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Part 8:

Part 9:

Part 10:

Part 11:

Tags: ,
    4:24 pm on February 7th, 2012 1

Why does the artwork depict the US, Japanese, and South Korean flag for an event which occurred in Pyongyong? Where’s the norK flag?

4:37 pm on February 7th, 2012 2

One might also argue WCW, et al, were guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy. We are, and were, still technically at war with the norK’s. Also, weren’t there trade sanctions in place during this time? I was here during that time and never heard of this. Curiouser and curiouser.

4:37 pm on February 7th, 2012 3

…was Jimmy Carter the guest MC?

• Jinro Dukkohbi
    8:05 pm on February 7th, 2012 4

Yes…curiouser is definitely the right term…

• Tom Langley
    9:28 pm on February 7th, 2012 5

I like watching professional wrestling & Ric Flair is my all time favorite wrestler. I know it’s fake but I enjoy the drama & the showmanship. Ric Flair wrote about this event in his autobiography. He talked about how he was sitting next to a NK officer who inquired how much Ric Flairs wristwatch cost. After Flair told him he said that he felt bad because the NK could never have that amount of money. The NK officer also asked him about why when one of the wrestlers held another wrestler upside down in preparation to throwing him down on the mat, the NK officer asked him why the wrestler being held upside down didn’t try to escape the hold. It was helping the enemy to stage this event. Ted Turner, former husband of Hanoi Jane and former owner of the WCW went to NK & was given the grand tour. Turner then famously (I would say infamously) said that he didn’t see any concentration camps, I $h!+ you not. This wrestling event had I believe the most people watching in attendance of any wrestling show ever presented even though the NK people were told to go to it. Inoki in addition to being a famous wrestler was also a member of the Japanese Diet (parliament).

Bad Behavior has blocked 55449 access attempts in the last 7 days.