Avatar of GI KoreaBy on April 15th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

ROK Drop Weekly Linklets – April 15, 2012

I haven’t done linklets in quite a while because they are time consuming to do and I have been quite busy these past few months.  I had some time today so I decided to go through my sidebar and put some linklets together.  What I found surprising is how many dead  blogs are out there.  I will have to go and clean up my sidebar soon.  I assume that many of the people who had blogs have moved over to Facebook for convenience.  Anyway below are the linklets.

The Koreas

Japan

China

Tags:
  • Tom #2
    5:15 pm on April 15th, 2012 1

[DELETED BY ADMIN: Personal Attack]

• Teadrinker
    5:24 pm on April 15th, 2012 2

“I have never heard of male celebrities promoting bras either.”

Never heard of The Bro?

• Paul
    9:54 pm on April 15th, 2012 3

Nice to see something on Aokigahara that actually tries to show the natural beauty there that acts as a draw for those taking their own lives in the first place. Photos edited to make the place look like some dark, twisted abomination of nature have become a frustrating cliche.

His encounter with the chap in the tent reminds me of a woman I helped guide out of there (from a point perhaps a mere 500m away) a year before I moved to Korea. In this case, she’d seemingly made her mind up not to go through with it, but it was clear she’d been wandering lost in the forest for days if not weeks since.

• kushibo
    12:38 am on April 16th, 2012 4

Tom wrote:

Tbonetylr might be the saddest cunt I’ve seen.
    Is there a Korean blog you do not post anti-Korean comments at?
    Imagine my surprise going through the K-blogosphere and seeing this little cunt on every site.

Geez, Tom. Tbonetylr isn’t exactly my favorite commenter either, but unless there was a comment preceding yours that somehow got cut later, that seems uncalled for. If he wrote some particularly obnoxious comment, then you can respond there, or at least provide a link so we know what you’re talking about. Otherwise, you come across as the obnoxious one (not you specifically, but anyone who might do that, including me).

• kushibo
    12:38 am on April 16th, 2012 5

Teadrinker, what’s the code for installing a link like that in a comment. Is it the same html as if you’re putting it in a post?

• MTB Rider
    5:01 am on April 16th, 2012 6

I’m thinking Tom #2 is a different person than out favorite Chinese-Canadian Beijing Agitprop. His writing style was all off, and the real Tom prefers snide insinuation over frontal assault.

As for the 찜질방 (jjimjilbang) thing, we go several times a year. I guess my “American Beauty Standard” neither intimidates nor provokes chuckles. It was weird the first time, but now I enjoy soaking in a steam room, reading a cheap and completely disposable magazine, and then using the different dry saunas in the upstairs area. Sleeping there isn’t something I enjoy as much, but I’ve never been big on sleeping on the floor, heated or not.

• Tom
    6:12 am on April 16th, 2012 7

^ ding ding ding ding ding!

He gets it right!

:lol:

• John in NY
    6:42 am on April 16th, 2012 8

Tom, you’re Chinese? :lol:

• Teadrinker
    7:25 pm on April 16th, 2012 9

#5,

No html code necessary. Cut and paste the http (Control C and V), that’s all. It’s been working for a month or so.

Bad Behavior has blocked 30659 access attempts in the last 7 days.