Avatar of GI KoreaBy on April 19th, 2012 at 7:25 am

Korea Finder 16-12

So who knows where in Korea this dam is located?

Korea Finder Leader’s Board:

1. Kushibo – 5

2. VAGN – 4

3. Ut Videam – 2

3. Leon LaPorte – 2

4. Sturgee – 1

4. JoeC – 1

The person with the most points at the end of the year of the weekly Korea Finder contest will win a book or DVD of their choice from Amazon.com. Also note that if you have a picture that you think would make a great Korea Finder feel free to send it in to me.

Tags:
  • Ut videam
    6:57 am on April 19th, 2012 1

Imnam Dam on the Bukhan River, Changdo-gun, Kangwon-do, North Korea: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.4225,127.792222&spn=0.01,0.01&t=h&q=38.4225,127.792222

• kushibo
    10:51 am on April 19th, 2012 2

Nice job, Ut Videam.

I might have gotten this if it didn’t pop up at 4:25 a.m. :|

8:48 pm on April 19th, 2012 3

Yes Ut Videam did get the correct answer. This is the dam in North Korea that forced the ROK to build their own Peace Dam in order to protect Seoul from a flood attack by North Korea.

• Teadrinker
    10:07 pm on April 19th, 2012 4

That one was easy. The first thing that popped into mind when I saw the picture.

• Glans
    10:23 pm on April 19th, 2012 5

Spiritual reading for kushibo: Matthew 25:1-13.

• kushibo
    10:41 pm on April 19th, 2012 6

Glans, having attended madrassa church since I was an infant, I’m familiar with the parable. Is there anything in particular that that led you to put that up specifically for me, or is there something you think that applies to especially?

• Glans
    11:59 pm on April 19th, 2012 7

kushibo, the parable’s punchline, verse 13, “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh,” is the reply to your excuse, “I might have gotten this if it didn’t pop up at 4:25 a.m.”

I’m still rooting for you, pal.

1:28 am on April 20th, 2012 8

Madrassa? Jesus Christ!

• kushibo
    1:47 am on April 20th, 2012 9

Glans (#7), you realize that puts our blog host into the position of the Son of man, don’t you?

To which I’d respond by paraphrasing Leon LaPorte in #8:

GI Korea? Jesus Christ!

• Glans
    2:14 am on April 20th, 2012 10

kushibo 9, you’re so literal! You think I meant that GI Korea is the Son of Man, so I reckon you think I also meant that you’re a foolish virgin.

2:19 am on April 20th, 2012 11

10. Guffaw!

• kushibo
    2:24 am on April 20th, 2012 12

I’m not foolish.

2:26 am on April 20th, 2012 13

Everyone seems to be in a good mood today, this evening. :mrgreen:

• Glans
    3:06 pm on April 20th, 2012 14

Korea Finder is one of the most pleasant features of the ROK Drop, even for me, even though I can’t compete.

Bad Behavior has blocked 31728 access attempts in the last 7 days.