Congress Authorizes Free National Park Pass for US Servicemembers

» by in: US Military

Here take your free National Park Pass while we take your retirement benefits:

Active-duty military personnel and their dependents will soon be able to enter every national park for free as part of an effort to thank service members and their families for the sacrifices they make, the Interior Department announced Tuesday.

An annual pass will be made available to members of the military free of charge beginning Saturday, which is Armed Forces Day. The America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Annual Pass ordinarily costs $80. It provides access to more than 2,000 national parks, wildlife refuges and other public lands.  [Army Times]

Tags: ,
  • tbonetylr
    4:39 pm on May 23rd, 2012 1

At least jobs are provided, the military funding has been sucking America dry for years yet another increase in spending…”?
    UPDATE 2-U.S. House-backed defense budget sets up clash with Obama
    “WASHINGTON, May 18 (Reuters) – The Republican-led House of Representatives voted on Friday to authorize $642.5 billion in defense and war spending next year, defying a White House veto threat by exceeding President Barack Obama’s Pentagon funding request by several billion dollars.”

• NOT IMPRESSED WITH FREE PARK PERK
    5:00 pm on May 23rd, 2012 2

For putting your life on the line, now you get to go for a walk and have a picnic in the park for free, not impressed. What did they say? “fight them over there so you want have to fight them here.” So if you where fighting them here you would not have a park to go to so why don’t you rabbits cough up some real benefits like sending them, their kids or both to higher education as far as their brain can take them alone with free health care to. Now that is what I call no nonsense benefit, Guaranteed to make you a better and more productive citizen in a higher tax bracket for the common good of the nation. I was told that senators, congressman, repersenitive all have health care and educations benefits how can that be when their constituents’ don’t have those entitlements, who work for who? I thought the peoples had all the perks. If I was getting shot at I would definitely want meaningful compensable rewards for fighting them over there so we want have to fight here. Since this is a new world order I guess I can move to Norway and get perks and I want even have to fight in a war for free health care and educations bennies from the cradel to the grave benefits.

• guitard
    5:17 pm on May 23rd, 2012 3

It would be nice if they included retirees.

• GOLDEN PASS
    5:56 pm on May 23rd, 2012 4

YOU MIGHT ALREADY HAVE A GOLDEN ACSESS PASS SEE YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT PARK SEVICES FOR ONE.

10:11 pm on May 23rd, 2012 5

Duh. I see the plan. Vets have advanced camping skills. You can live in the park!

Have they forgotten about the Bonus Expeditionary Force aka the Bonus Army?

• FUEL FOR FIRE
    2:25 am on May 24th, 2012 6

#5 That’s A nice piece of history that was worth dusting off, And revisiting on my own. Probably would go well with McCarthyism considering how the power to be like scaring the hell out of the general public with kinds of boogie man scenario’s. Macarthyism with a 20012 twist. Funny thing about history it never goes away, always lerking in disguise.

• Larry Coppala (aka Link)
    5:26 am on May 24th, 2012 7

Due to the Army’s goof up, My Wife and daughter went ten months without any allotment check while I was in Viet Nam, and had to move in with my Mother. I’m retired now from active duty, so the powers that be think those sacrifices don’t count anymore. Thanks!

• Jinro Dukkohbi
    6:08 am on May 25th, 2012 8

#5 – go get ‘em MacArthur~~! :lol:

Bad Behavior has blocked 35029 access attempts in the last 7 days.