Avatar of GI KoreaBy on November 6th, 2012 at 7:50 am

Korean Liberal Candidates Agree To Field Single Contender

I have to wonder after the recent news posted below if Moon Jae-in had anything to do with Seoul National University investigating Korean Presidential candidate Ahn Cheol-soo for plagiarism?

Main opposition Democratic United Party presidential candidate Moon Jae-in and independent presidential candidate Ahn Cheol-soo have agreed to field a single contender before the candidate registration on November 25th and 26th.

Spokesmen for the two contenders said that Moon and Ahn held one-on-one talks Tuesday evening at Kim Koo Museum and Library in Seoul and reached an agreement of seven points, including fielding a unified opposition candidate.  [KBS World]

Considering that Moon was the one pushing for a unified candidate and Ahn was initially refusing; I would have to think that Moon is going to end up being the candidate.  I wonder if SNU’s investigation will just disappear if Moon does become the unified candidate?

Tags: , , ,
  • Baek In-je
    7:14 am on November 6th, 2012 1

The investigation will cease because Ahn is committing political suicide. This is just like the investigation into the New York Brownstone purchase with Roh, Moo-hyun’s stolen money that went away after his very real suicide.

• tbonetylr
    7:33 am on November 6th, 2012 2

Koreans see no shame if they had a President who cheated in college. Don’t count Ahn out yet :shock:

• tbonetylr
    7:36 am on November 6th, 2012 3

They routinely have ex-cons represent them on the world stage. Who cares about an assignment from a professor at university.

• Orbit
    11:14 am on November 6th, 2012 4

Well, Moon Je In was former special force. But I am voting for Park Kuen Hye. http://www.newsface.kr/news/news_view.htm?news_idx=2173

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    2:10 pm on November 6th, 2012 5

I think that if the academic dishonesty charges against ACS are substantiated and he is at the top of the ticket, then he loses to PGH. If SNU finds smoke in its preliminary investigation, then MJI has to be the one on the ballot.

If ACS is on the ballot and the charges are proved, I can’t see Koreans, much like other peoples in the world, voting for president someone who will be disgraced in the world academic community and in news media.

• Teadrinker
    5:15 pm on November 6th, 2012 6

#5,

I heard PGH is leading in the polls and may well win. That’s probably why ACS appears to be considering quitting the race. He’s splitting the liberal vote.

• Baek In-je
    2:17 am on November 7th, 2012 7

“Well, Moon Je In was former special force.”
    Right. Special as in retarded. C’mon. Why use the term special forces when korea has never won a war? Nothing special about surrendering.

• Eddie Cantor
    2:20 am on November 7th, 2012 8

Ah, the intrigue, but you’d better believe that if the conservatives hadn’t brought up skeletons about Ahn the Left would have been forced to eventually also attack Ahn. Wouldn’t that have been interesting?

3:39 am on November 7th, 2012 9

If you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’.

• Teadrinker
    8:30 am on November 7th, 2012 10

“Well, Moon Je In was former special force.”

So were two of my uncles, and just like him, they are now old men with brittle bones.

• John
    8:54 am on November 7th, 2012 11

Teadrinker slips in yet another boast in a yet another comment with absolutely no point. Normal people would back off for a while after being repeatedly called on childish behavior. Teadrinker is no normal person.

• Orbit
    8:06 pm on November 7th, 2012 12

I hate people who say my uncle is this, my freind is that…the question is, HOW ABOUT YOU?
    Someone who drink tea made up of bullsh1t?
    get a life @teadrinker who cried wolf

• Orbit
    8:09 pm on November 7th, 2012 13

#7 If you hate Korea so much why the f is your name Korean? Sad old man I pity you. You probably live by yourself. Because I can feel the bitterness in all of your post.

• Teadrinker
    8:31 pm on November 7th, 2012 14

#11,

The point went right over your head. Not surprised.

#12,

What have I accomplished? Considerably more than you have, I would surmise based on your lack of eloquence and your troll-like nature.

Bad Behavior has blocked 60105 access attempts in the last 7 days.