Avatar of GI KoreaBy on December 6th, 2012 at 8:28 am

Should Americans Give PSY A Pass for Anti-American Past?

UPDATE: Welcome Michelle Malkin readers and everyone else linking to this posting.  I have since published an additional posting on this issue in regards to PSY’s recently issued apology.  You can read the posting at this link.

____________________________________

Bobby McGill over at Busan Haps has a really good article published about Korean rap star PSY’s anti-American past that I recommend everyone check out.  He has a lot of background information about PSY’s past in the article, but here is how he wraps up his piece:

PSY’s political prose aside, suffice it to say that while the entertainment world has given us wonderful artistry and life-changing talent, it has also given us some serious cause for pause.

Have other performers around the world, at some point, spewed harsh words in the name of protest? Yes. Have entertainers taken advantage of the moment, ignoring even principles that they themselves hold dear just to make a buck? Most definitely. Should we really even care?

That’s up to you.

Many Americans, familiar with the US protest culture and generously blessed with acute short-term memory, will likely give PSY a pass.

And why not? Americans gave Ice-T a pass for rapping about killing cops. Eminem and Chris Brown were given a pass for rapping about and actually beating on women. And, unlike the latter two, who continue to bank their fame on anti-social behavior, PSY has been nothing but gracious in the handling of his global popularity.  [Busan Haps]

I recommend reading the rest at the link, but like I mentioned in my earlier article I think PSY should be asked about his involvement in the anti-US movement by someone in the news media.  I think he should answer to his fans in the US if he still believes in the lies that were spread by the leftist anti-US groups after the 2002 Armored Vehicle Accident that led to mass anti-American protests in South Korea.  If he gives an answer that he just got swept up in the emotions of 2002 and realizes in hindsight that he was duped by the anti-US groups I really would not have a problem with him or any other entertainers that tried to make a name for themselves back then.  There were a lot of people in Korea duped by the anti-US groups so I would have a hard time holding that against him.  However, if he stands by his past anti-US remarks than his fans in America should know this before going out and purchasing any more music from him.

Tags: , , ,
  • Kushibostolemysocks!
    8:52 am on December 6th, 2012 1

Would Koreans do the same for an American celebrity who was very vocal in their hate for Korean and/or Koreans?

The answer to this question will be the answer.

• John in NY
    9:58 am on December 6th, 2012 2

I believe it should be an individual choice. Certainly, he gets points deducted in my eyes.

• Baek In-je
    10:16 am on December 6th, 2012 3

Koreans will go on a witch hunt for any foreigner even a little bit critical of anything Korean. I remember my first year in Korea. I was in a bar and a Korean guy struck up a conversation with me*. He was critical of America and went on for a while. When I retorted with a criticism of Korea, he became very angry and started screaming in the bar.

*I have a rule that I do not drink with Korean men and do not converse with them or get into conversations with them whilst they are drinking. I know other foreigners who have the same policy. I recommend everyone follows this for safety and sanity.

• Setnaffa
    10:17 am on December 6th, 2012 4

Frankly, they should all just shut up and sing. Taking sides just alienates customers. :roll:

The Dixie Chicks found out the hard way. Does not matter if you’re right or wrong. Your friends will still only buy one of each CD or DVD… Why give folks a reason NOT to buy?

11:06 am on December 6th, 2012 5

I thought Psy was one hit wonder? Why does he need any forgiveness from Americans? :lol: Now he has an excuse if his next song doesn’t sell. :lol: Sore loser Americans refuse to buy Psy album because he was found to be anti-Ammerican in 2002, not because he was a one hit wonder. :lol:

• John in NY
    11:07 am on December 6th, 2012 6

• Conway Eastwood
    12:41 pm on December 6th, 2012 7

Meh, s’all good. ‘Twas probably strictly a business decision based on the consumer market at the time. I doubt he really has it in for the USA.

• kangaji
    1:40 pm on December 6th, 2012 8

3: you don’t get drunk with Korean men? No wonder you don’t get along with Korean guys. When you finali ly take my advice and go to Japan please make sure you get drunk with Japanese people. If you must criticize japan, begin your criticism with “in korea”. Also if you are staying in korea, begin your criticism with “in japan” instead of “here in korea”.

• kangaji
    1:42 pm on December 6th, 2012 9

Seriously it will be hillrious when koreans/japanese agree with you. Try it!

• MTB Rider
    2:27 pm on December 6th, 2012 10

Tom: Psy IS a One-Hit Wonder, but now you have your excuse for next year!

Psy won’t fade away like every other OHW performer before him because everyone got bored with the one and only song they had, Psy will be different! He will be gone because “America” hates him for something he did or said 8 years ago, and somehow convinced the rest of the world to hate him too! :roll:

But you’ll still have the Psy Secret Decoder Ring and tattoo of his face right over your little black heart to remember him by! :lol:

• JoeC
    3:01 pm on December 6th, 2012 11

Isn’t there a line to be drawn somewhere around advocating killing families and children as a form of political protest?

• tbonetylr
    3:15 pm on December 6th, 2012 12

Psy believes in promoting violence in the worst way until he says otherwise :shock:

4:17 pm on December 6th, 2012 13

#11: I think Muqtada Al Sadr would actually agree with you.

From 2011:

“Radical anti-US cleric Moqtada al-Sadr has called for US forces to return home to their families in a rare English message that threatens violence but also appeals to Christian sentiment.
    “Go forth from our holy land and go back to your families who are waiting for your arrival impatiently, that you and we, as well, lead a peaceful life together,” Sadr said in the message addressed to US troops, which was posted on the website of the political committee of his movement on Monday night.”

Of course, Al Sadr actually planned the destruction of american forces while PSY… just rapped during a rock type song…

As for Soulja boy, who didn’t go as far as calling for the death of US troops but insulted them… given that he’s a US Citizen, Soulja Boy and Jane Fonda share a special place in Hell my heart.

“Dear America” was in response to Abu Gharib and the armored vehicle incident. I know where the Koreans were coming from and how they felt during that era. I wish that people could understand the lyrics within the context of the time, but, at the same time, reevaluating my view with what JoeC says, there should be a form of social sanction in the US for the lyrics. Legal sanction shouldn’t be used as it was artistic expression rather than communicating a real threat. However, social sanction, as in the case of Soulja Boy, would be appropriate. Fox News would be the appropriate venue. I know Michelle Malkin reads this blog sometimes. You’d think she would pick up on the story. However, the social sanction that would come about would take things out of context. Still it needs to be done.

• Baek In-je
    4:20 pm on December 6th, 2012 14

“Baek, one day you should just let it all out and tell us how Korea broke your heart. I’m sure it’d be a cool story bro.”

No one is interested in my story, John in NY.

4:30 pm on December 6th, 2012 15

Baek, seriously, why do you stay in Korea? Not comedian seriously, I’m just curious what it is that keeps you in the country considering how much you complain about it. Are you some kind of masochist? I usually didn’t hang out with North American expats when I was going to Yonsei so I could pick up on the language better, and then the last time I was in Korea I spent most of my time on US bases, so I’ve really only seen super anti-Korean expats on the internet. So… why would you stay in a country that you complain about so much?

• tbonetylr
    4:35 pm on December 6th, 2012 16

# 13,
    On the incitation of violence, I think your Moqtada al-Sadr and Psy comparison is MORE appropriate than Bobby McGill’s use of Chris Brown and Eminem.

• SON_OF_ANARCHY
    5:02 pm on December 6th, 2012 17

Screw that no talent having prick!!!! Ain’t no free passes where I come from when someone starts talking about killing your Family and Friends even if it is only to make a buck!!! You know it is really funny to me that South Koreans can even talk sh!+ about Americans at all. In the summer of 1950 when they started crying because they had been invaded by their own people from the north, who came to their aid??? If it had not been for the United States and the other United Nation Countries that came to stop the Communist takeover that little prick PSWHY probably would have never been born or thought of, yet he sings of killing my Family. I think that he should show a little more respect for anyone that keeps him living in his fancy house and keeps the norks off his front door step!!! I think that everyone should be held accountable for their words and actions. Just by saying well everyone else was saying it and doing it and that was ten years ago, I am a changed man. Once a Racist, Always a Racist!!!

5:17 pm on December 6th, 2012 18

#17: Legally or socially though?

5:17 pm on December 6th, 2012 19

WRONG! Mtb Rider! Psy is definitely not a one hit wonder. Remember, you read it here, according to Tom. :lol:

Come early next year, you guys will be singing a different tune.. that instead of he being a one hit wonder, he will be a two hit wonder, then a three hit wonder, and so on. :lol:

You think this bit of past history of Psy will hurt him? hahahaha… :lol: :lol: :lol: On the contrary! It will be a boon to his career! Everyone will tune in to Psy to see what all the fuss is about, about this anti-American controversial figure that they heard on the news. Just look at how everyone loves Tom at Rokdrop, even though Tom is the most hated troll. :lol:

I’ll tell you why you guys are dead wrong. Psy’s next album will be in Korean. It will be promoted by Scooter Brown who requested that the album be in Korean. Psy is also collaborating with MC Hammer and other black artists, which should also boost his reputation and career. In other words, Psy’s hit is already being guaranteed and mapped out by the powerful figures in the American pop industry. That’s how American pop industry works – there are no failures when it’s advertised, promoted to death, and sold for mass consumption. It’s a script already written in stone. Just ask Justin Bieber whose only talent is looking good for teeny girls.

So for those who think he’s a one hit wonder, you are so wrong, you’ll be sorely disappointed. I guess my question is, how can none of you Americans here see what I’m seeing about your own pop industry. That’s because you are blinded by arrogance based on Psy’s race.

But we will see about this later, boys. :lol:

• chefantwon
    6:35 pm on December 6th, 2012 20

Here’s why most people in the US won’t even bother with the story:

1. Psy’s a Korean
    2. What accident, never heard of it on the news?
    3. Really, I never heard that Korean’s protest about the US?
    4. Yea, and who else wants to hate the US?
    5. Gee, they can protest over there?
    6. Wow, like I really care about what Korea thinks.

And the most popular answer:

Korea, where’s that place?

• Denny
    8:51 pm on December 6th, 2012 21

#17, US didn’t go into Korea for altruistic reasons, but for political and economic interests, mainly to keep China in check and to stop communism from spreading to Japan.

9:24 pm on December 6th, 2012 22

#21: Denny, the US withdrew from Korea in 1949. The North invaded with Soviet trained troops and Soviet equipped aircraft and armor on June 25, 1950. The US sent troops over from Japan at the request of the Rhee dictatorship. China invaded on October 25, 1950. So, I think the US went to keep the USSR in check more than the Chinese. I disagree that it was to keep China in check and think you’re viewing this with hindsight or a China-centric point of view.

• The Korean
    9:32 pm on December 6th, 2012 23

Denny, it was to keep USSR in check, not China in 1950.

• Claire
    11:22 pm on December 6th, 2012 24

20- They might think he’s from North Korea-lol.
    It depends on Psy’s attitude now. If he apologizes for being young and dumb then what the hey, why not forgive him? But if he still believes what he said a decade ago then maybe more should be said about his past in the international media.

• Claire
    11:25 pm on December 6th, 2012 25

19- You are saying that Psy’s bigger than the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, The Who, and U2? C’mon, do you really believe that?

• tbonetylr
    11:55 pm on December 6th, 2012 26

Word must’ve got out about Psy’s Anti-Americanism so he got “snubbed” for Grammy Award nominations :lol:
    “Psy’s rep didn’t respond to a request for comment.”

• Haunted Cowboy
    1:15 am on December 7th, 2012 27

Not only is he saying that, Claire, he might be right. Based on the charts, the cast of Glee is more popular than the Beatles. The people who buy music these days are also voters.

11 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music (copied from buzzfeed)

1. Creed has sold more records in the US than Jimi Hendrix

2. Led Zeppelin, REM, and Depeche Mode have never had a number one single, Rihanna has 10

3. Ke$ha’s “Tik-Tok” sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

4. Flo Rida’s “Low” has sold 8 million copies – the same as The Beatles’ “Hey Jude”

5. The Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” is more popular than any Elvis or Simon & Garfunkel song

6. Celine Dion’s “Falling Into You” sold more copies than any Queen, Nirvana, or Bruce Springsteen record

7. Same with Shania Twain’s “Come On Over”

8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles from an album

9. Barbra Streisand has sold more records (140 million) than Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash, and Tom Petty combined

10. People actually bought Billy Ray Cyrus’ album “Some Gave All…” 20 million people. More than any Bob Marley album

11. The cast of “Glee” has had more songs chart than the Beatles

5:35 am on December 7th, 2012 28

“9- You are saying that Psy’s bigger than the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, The Who, and U2? C’mon, do you really believe that?”

What I’m saying is, hell yeah! :lol:
    If Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift can do overshadow all of the names you mentioned, I don’t see why Psy can’t do it too. He’s way more talented than all of them white pretty boys and girls. :roll: Psy, unlike other Asian artists, he speaks good English, is highly marketable, he’s got great sens of humor, and he put on a screaming show in live. You really think the US pop industry is untouchable and full of legends? Get real, buddy. :lol:

• Glans
    5:54 am on December 7th, 2012 29

Psy’s view count has risen to 901,658,832. The world will end when it hits 1,000,000,000.

• tbonetylr
    6:19 am on December 7th, 2012 30

# 28,
    And Jeju is the 7th wonder of the world. ;-)

7:32 am on December 7th, 2012 31

Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilara, Rihanna, Keisha, Lady Gaga, etc etc..

:lol: ALL Crap.

Going through the list of “artists”, I don’t see how Psy can ever not even at least compete with them, other than the fact that everyone here is looking at Psy’s race. That’s about it, and that’s what it comes down to as bottom line. :roll:

• Baek In-je
    9:07 am on December 7th, 2012 32

Hey guys…Lets start an email campaign to get the media to see Psy for what he is: a stupid little Korean who takes before he thinks. We must make this foreigner pay for his words.

• Michelle Malkin » Gangnam Style singer rapped about killing American soldiers
    9:26 am on December 7th, 2012 33

[...] Twitchy and ROKDROP have much more. [...]

• Mooseknuckle
    1:29 pm on December 7th, 2012 34

PSY sez: “Kill those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f***ing Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully,” Looks like we know who Tom really is!

3:02 pm on December 7th, 2012 35

http://rokdrop.com/2012/12/06/should-americans-give-psy-a-pass-for-anti-american-past/ He apologized

3:07 pm on December 7th, 2012 36

Apology by PSY article here… http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1698546/psy-apology-anti-american-lyrics.jhtml

• MTB Rider
    3:30 pm on December 7th, 2012 37

Tom, you so silly. Psy will be another Nina…
    Don’t remember her? She had a big hit back in the 1980′s, 99 Luft Balloons. One Hit Wonder

How about Los del Rio, Hey Macarena?
    Right Said Fred, I’m Too Sexy? (you sing this one to yourself in the mirror, don’t you! :lol: )
    Baha Men, Who Let the Dogs Out?
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Relax (You still wear their t-shirt, Tommy boy? When you’re cruising Toronto’s “Scene?”)

The list of One Hit Wonder/Novelty Songs is a long one, of performers who shot up with their one trick pony, then faded away. Tickets to Nina’s shows don’t exactly command a premium at Ticketmasters…

I don’t have anything for or against Psy. He has his novelty song, he’s making money on it right now, and to be honest, I hope his money managers are setting up long term investments for him so Psy doesn’t end up playing at the Goldberg’s Bat Mitzvah for the rest of his life.

But hold onto that Secret Decoder Ring. You might be able to sell it on eBay someday. Pay for your hormone treatments…

• Denny
    3:59 pm on December 7th, 2012 38

Let’s face it. An Asian singer will never make it big in racist America.

• JoeC
    4:27 pm on December 7th, 2012 39

#38

Is he a victim of racism now?

4:46 pm on December 7th, 2012 40

Yes. There are lots of people like you rooting against him, hoping and praying that he will fall on his bum.

:lol:

If he was black or white, there wouldn’t be this amount of controversy about him in ROKDROP.COM. :lol:

4:51 pm on December 7th, 2012 41

#38: I don’t think you understand the implications of Gen Y taking over pop culture from the baby boomers.

• chefantwon
    4:59 pm on December 7th, 2012 42

Believe it or not, I saw this in Drudge:

5:32 pm on December 7th, 2012 43

#42

:lol: :lol: Read all the KKK type racist comments by the white trash commentators. One thing I don’t get is, why are they hating Obama so much over there? Oh that’s right, we’re talking about white trash people here. :lol:

5:40 pm on December 7th, 2012 44

#38

Denny, you were so right.

• chefantwon
    6:43 pm on December 7th, 2012 45

Gee Tom, I don’t know. Maybe because Obama is the worst President since Carter….Well Carter did actually broker a peace deal and Obama…..has broken out with war. (that Libya mess, dead Ambassadore anyone?)

6:45 pm on December 7th, 2012 46

You don’t understand, what’s Obama got to do with kicking out all the dog eating g00ks from America? :roll:

7:49 pm on December 7th, 2012 47

[...] Korea disagrees. …I think PSY should be asked about his involvement in the anti-US movement by someone in the [...]

• Sam
    12:37 am on December 8th, 2012 48

Seems PSY’s people are trying to get ahead of this to stop any harm to the potential influx of US cash about to come his way. Naturally it’s a top story on Chosun Ilbo’s native site but nowhere to been seen on their English site. For those who can read Korean or make sense of the mish-mash from online translators:

I hope this gains more steam and hits the mainstream media in the west but that’s unlikely.

• Sam
    12:43 am on December 8th, 2012 49

Darn, missed the deadline to edit my previous post. :(

Here’s a CNN story that has several passages from the link above tranlsated into English:

• Casanova
    2:15 am on December 8th, 2012 50

#43, yea, and look at all the KKK type racist comments by the Asian trash Tom on this blog. :)

6:40 am on December 8th, 2012 51

#46: What’s wrong with eating dog? Dog is tasty and goes great with Soju. You just have to reduce the dog odor it gives off with the right cooking method and sauces.

• John in NY
    6:50 am on December 8th, 2012 52

Yeah, its pretty big now. Almost every news station has chimed in.

• Son_Of_Anarchy
    7:11 am on December 8th, 2012 53

#21 you are a blithering idiot….what did South Korea have in 1950, except a bunch of rice? Check your history before you let that crap that you think is an educated statement ooze out of that sphincter that you call a mouth. We had a small contingency already here before 1950 to monitor North Korea and yes China…but wait it gets better. When the Norks so delicately came down on 25 June 1950 and kick your ass’s all over the place the “UNITED NATIONS” called on over the next four years 22 countries, including your own, and some 941,600 personnel would cycle through Korea or would call it their final resting place. SO ONCE AGAIN if you think that the United States came to Korea for its own personal gain…your wrong it was the collective that wanted us here and we had to stay after the armistice was signed because President Syngman Rhee was not content with his piece of the pie and wanted more, so he released 25,000 nork soldiers to disrupt the truce talks and that is the real reason there was not a truce signed that day in 27 July 1953. This is what President Rhee got for his part in disrupting the truce talks: long term economic aid, expansion of the South Korean armed forces, and coordination of U.S. and ROK objectives. Got one more question that I know you don’t know the answer to. Which two countries signed the Armistice calling a technical cease fire to the Korean War on 27 July 1953? I will give you hint neither one of them was not South Korea. Learn your history before you try to tell someone something that you were misinformed about in the first place!!!

• Son_Of_Anarchy
    7:20 am on December 8th, 2012 54

Why is it that we have to keep giving Korea War History Lessons on this website? I mean damn it has been how many years since 27JULY1953. Does anyone know how to read a history book anymore or do research? Why do people always regurgitate ignorant things they hear their parents, other family members, or friends saying instead of checking the facts first for themselves?

• Kushibostolemysocks!
    7:26 am on December 8th, 2012 55

“Kill those f**king Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives Kill those f**king Yankees who ordered them to torture Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers Kill them all slowly and painfully.” Psy

If someone said this about Koreans Tom, what would the reaction be, I suppose you’ll blame America, or Japan and not answer the question. Remember Jay Leno everyone?

Psy is a maggot, if his song wasn’t popular, he would not have apologized. He’s scared about the money he could lose, that’s all, he was in no way sincere about it. Korean duplicity as usual and expected.

• Setnaffa
    7:59 am on December 8th, 2012 56

I’m thinking Tom might be drunk when he types. Or maybe he has a mental disorder. His postings have really slipped.

• The Joker
    9:20 am on December 8th, 2012 57

Psy didn’t act any more anti-American than Obama did (in his selection of church, associates, or anti-hand-over-heart action).

Both are anti-American sh!tbags who should get their wish of living in a non-American-influenced world. North Korea and Zimbabwe come to mind as alternative lifestyles for them.

If you can forgive Obama, you can forgive Psy. If you cannot forgive Psy, you cannot forgive Obama.

Both deserve death or neither deserve death.

• Setnaffa
    9:32 am on December 8th, 2012 58

@57, I agree with you. And so does the Bible (“all have sinned” wrote Paul).

There is some question as to whether we are to forgive folks before they ask for it (though Jesus told us to forgive at least “7 times 70″ times); so if PSY has asked us to forgive him that might put a different emphasis for Christians (those “bitter clingers, according to Barry).

Personally, I don’t like PSY’s gay music video, regardless of whether he’s a patriotic American or not. And I don’t much care for the economic policy of raising taxes on those who own companies while over 20 million Americans are out of work. But neither have done anything to me personally, so I’m not in a position to forgive or not.

• bobt592959
    9:47 am on December 8th, 2012 59

SON_OF_ANARCHY, just diaf tool

11:22 am on December 8th, 2012 60

For everyone following this story in the comments section, I have since published an additional posting in regards to PSY’s recent apology. You can read it at the below link:

2:13 pm on December 8th, 2012 61

This story is front page news with screaming headlines all over America. I didn’t know Psy had this kind of leverage over America. :lol: It’s like it’s another Pearl Harbor or something.

12:25 pm on December 9th, 2012 62

My fathers 2 brothers were killed in the Korean War. A war that Korean men did not want to fight. American sons laid down their lives for so many dirty, ungrateful pigs….our government still requires our children to do this for slimy foreign pigs. Most of our soldiers join because they have no funds for college. All the while we educate foreign pigs that come in on foreign student grants. WE are being led by fools. We feed, clothe, offer free medical and education to half the globe yet for our own we do nothing. Psy perfectly proves what I say – We gave him freedom….he was educated on U.S. soil – yet he talks of killing mothers and daughters. He is part of the dark side. Until this morning I had thought Psy amusing and was swept along with all the hype…..UNTIL THIS MORNING when I woke up and remembered we live in a world filled with pigs. Psy take your apology back to your little rice paddy with the 8 million dollars you have already made off of Americans….If youre really sorry donate the 8 million to WOUNDED WARRIORS….

• bobt592959
    1:30 pm on December 9th, 2012 63

DONNA, foad you idiot

4:05 pm on December 9th, 2012 64

Bob….the same goes for you…..If youre in the U.S. get out.
    You know what I say is true. You are an ingrat and has no right putting your filthy words on this site. Your comment proves that Asians are racists ….. The only thing they are good at is stealing American technology and then making their citizens slaves to work like ants in factory mounds. And Psy needs to take his racist self back to his overpopulated part of the world. Psy is little fat pig who no doubt was allowed to be born at the sacrifice of American lives. Asians overall are sneaky and should never be trusted.

4:14 pm on December 9th, 2012 65

And further to my point. Whenever you see American soldiers – on TV – in photos…..do you ever see ASIANS….nada – nope – you see White Europeans, Black Africans, Hispanics……Asians are only here to plunder and I include East Indians in this group. They are here to populate (they have already destroyed their countries with over population) and plunder.

4:19 pm on December 9th, 2012 66

And lets keep going here. Weve had to stay in Korea for over half a century using our treasure to make sure little fat pigs like Psy can be just that – little fat pigs.

• kangaji
    4:27 pm on December 9th, 2012 67

Hmmm…. I wonder if there’s a troll around here that pretends to be female soldiers or spouses who are related to people in articles who commit GI crimes.

4:42 pm on December 9th, 2012 68

Kangaji……troll hardly……I am an American who obviously you are not. And nope I am not a female soldier. And nope I would never send my sons to fight your wars….to feed your open mouths….
    My family laid down their lives in Korea – never again – and for what to have the likes of Psy spit on them. Kangaji not sure what part of Asia you call home but you have no right to judge Americans….we have done more for the good of mankind than any country that ever was….are we perfect – nope – but we do more than any country…..Who shows up when there is catastrophe? Who feeds the starving? Who? It is always on the backs of Americans and we are so tired….not so tired from helping….we are so tired of being spit on from those we help.

4:43 pm on December 9th, 2012 69

Let Donna talk, she’s doing a good job. :lol:

You guys can do whatever with Psy, either forgive him or boot him out of the country for something he said over ten years ago. I really don’t care, and it’s up to you. But don’t expect me to stay silent like most Koreans are staying silent right now, while you people go off the deep end, denigrating all Koreans with torrent of racial abuses, in forums like this and in facebook and twitter. :lol:

4:50 pm on December 9th, 2012 70

Tom it is not Koreans. It is how the World openly hates Americans.

• Denny
    5:00 pm on December 9th, 2012 71

US is not in Korea for altruistic reasons, but for self interests. If the US wanted to leave Korea, they would have by now.

5:04 pm on December 9th, 2012 72

I try so hard not to get angry. But I see so much anger throughout the world toward American citizens. Everyone else is allowed to express their anger – it is actually applauded – but Americans are never allowed to speak out against the injustice toward America.
    When the U.S. can no longer police the world – when the U.S. can no longer offer aid – food – medicine – who pray tell will do so. When our light is extinguished as so many hope for – the Earth will descend into utter chaos.

5:09 pm on December 9th, 2012 73

That Korean American who first reported about Psy’s concert ten years ago, proudly declaring himself as “proud American disgusted with anti-Americanism” ( :lol: ), he should read the post #65 by Donna.

Donna, one of the reason why you won’t see too many Asian soldiers in American army maybe has something to with the attitude of you people. Example here.

5:13 pm on December 9th, 2012 74

Denny no doubt you are right. But someone needs to realize it is government and not the people – we are pushed around by those that rule. I suppose nothing ever changes. It is those in power that control us all – pinning each of us against each other. Those that rule and control should be the ones that lose their lives in battle rather than send its young citizens to do its bidding.
    Lets face it = it is not you nor I but rather governments and elite persons that control us like puppets

5:17 pm on December 9th, 2012 75

Ok I must go…..I will say a prayer for us all.
    I pray that a higher power will shine its light on this Earth so that we might know we were not meant to walk in darkness. I apologize if I offended anyone. Im just a mom ♥
    Blessings of light.

5:19 pm on December 9th, 2012 76

So, Donna, Tom, and Denny all agree that the evil government is sending US Soldiers as political currency to consolidate their stranglehold over the globe?

5:26 pm on December 9th, 2012 77

Hey! Maybe we’re all one person! :lol: Kangaji maybe you are me and I’m talking to myself! :lol:

5:31 pm on December 9th, 2012 78

ok just one more post after Toms :) remark. Actually thats what we must realize – we are ONE. I have to keep reminding myself…..not sure how I got caught up in this.

5:32 pm on December 9th, 2012 79

#77: Your avatar isn’t as think as you drunk I am when you talk to myself.

5:33 pm on December 9th, 2012 80

ok i have to respond to Kangajii.. would you rather have China be in control…or Iran…..or African tribes…..

5:38 pm on December 9th, 2012 81

#80: China, because I like getting drunk and eating bacon.

5:45 pm on December 9th, 2012 82

Kangaji – First of all you should not get drunk. Its ok to drink but you should not get drunk. Bacon is high in cholesterol so you should eat in moderation. But I agree it tastes great

• kushibo
    5:48 pm on December 9th, 2012 83

ok just one more post after Toms remark. Actually thats what we must realize – we are ONE. I have to keep reminding myself…..not sure how I got caught up in this.

Um… because you’re an ignorant bigot who thinks that shooting her mouth off is a fair substitute for actually figuring out how the world works?

If I had to choose to get rid of Bob, Kangaji, or you in order to make America a better place, you’d be first off the island.

Donna, if you weren’t real, someone would have to invent you. ;-)

• Teadrinker
    5:57 pm on December 9th, 2012 84

#83,

Tom=Donna.

5:57 pm on December 9th, 2012 85

Oh Please Kushibo……Its ok for Psy to shoot off his mouth but not me. You prove my point. And no I’m not ignorant by no means. Its ok Kushibo you can be mad at me. Actually thank you for trying to make me get angry again…..but I am more in control now.
    When I heard what Psy said I became angry that makes me a bigot…and then when I saw some of these comments I commented back.
    And dont forget what Tom said. The three of us are really the same person…right Kangajii

5:59 pm on December 9th, 2012 86

Tom are you hearing these people. They actually think Im you. How totally awesome.

6:01 pm on December 9th, 2012 87

#83: Got it Kushibo. Non-existent treaty of annexation. First off the island. I see what you did thar…

6:12 pm on December 9th, 2012 88

,,,,,,,,

• kushibo
    6:15 pm on December 9th, 2012 89

Ah, but the difference is that Psy has actually apologized for being an idiot. [User tip: That's why this post is here.]

And no, it’s not okay for him to shoot his mouth off either.

And no I’m not ignorant by no means.

So you admit to being a bigot. You should also admit to being ignorant, but that might just be part of the troll act.

And dont forget what Tom said.

Nobody here except the occasional newbie takes Tom seriously, since most of us realize he’s Beijing agitprop. (He puts the PSY in psy-ops.)

6:20 pm on December 9th, 2012 90

#89: Kushibo: Look at the Korean text of Psy’s apology though.
    Unless Donga is quoting English as the source and mistranslated interpret I think he’s trying to walk a thin line between Koreans fans and American fans, which is understandable.

• kushibo
    6:21 pm on December 9th, 2012 91

Teadrinker wrote:

#83,
    Tom=Donna.

Why else would I call ‘em an ignorant bigot?

• Setnaffa
    6:41 pm on December 9th, 2012 92

Hmmm… Tom is now cross-dressing…

Well, folks have told him to seek counseling…

• SON_OF_ANARCHY
    6:45 pm on December 9th, 2012 93

#59 speaky English Much??? Me No Rikey!

6:58 pm on December 9th, 2012 94

The US gives a lot in foreign aid, true. But other countries do as well:

World Top Ten Foreign Aid Donor Countries
    Country In Billion Dollars
    United States 12.9
    Japan 9.2
    Germany 5.4
    France 5.2
    United Kingdom 4.8
    Netherlands 3.4
    Italy 2.3
    Canada 2.0
    Sweden 1.8
    Norway 1.8

Foreign aid is not the cause of our budget problems. For example the cost of a Ford class aircraft carrier. A 2009 report said that the Ford would cost $14 billion including research and development, and the actual cost of the carrier itself would be $9 billion.

7:18 pm on December 9th, 2012 95

Why, if I were Baek In Je and took Kangaji’s advice and moved to Japan, I believe I would talk about how Japan puts all that foreign aid into Asian countries and the Asian countries just complain about comfort women and World War II. However, Baek In Je continues not to take my advice and move to Japan, so he doesn’t have the pleasure of coming to understand how his special beliefs about the Korean people would make him a GAIJIN TALENTO in Japan!

Bad Behavior has blocked 29502 access attempts in the last 7 days.