Avatar of GI KoreaBy on December 28th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Is North Korea Preparing For 2012 Nuclear Test?

» by in: North Korea

Another nuclear test would just be another page in North Korea’s provocation playbook so I would not be surprised if they do execute one this year:

North Korea has repaired flood damage at its nuclear test facility and could conduct a quick atomic explosion if it chose, though water streaming out of a test tunnel may cause problems, analysis of recent satellite photos indicates.

Washington and others are bracing for the possibility that if punished for a successful long-range rocket launch on Dec. 12 that the U.N. considers a cover for a banned ballistic missile test, North Korea’s next step might be its third nuclear test.

Rocket and nuclear tests unnerve Washington and its allies because each new success puts North Korean scientists another step closer to perfecting a nuclear warhead small enough to put on a missile that could hit the mainland United States.

Another nuclear test, which North Korea’s Foreign Ministry hinted at on the day of the rocket launch, would fit a pattern. Pyongyang conducted its first and second atomic explosions, in 2006 and 2009, weeks after receiving U.N. Security Council condemnation and sanctions for similar long-range rocket launches.

North Korea is thought to have enough plutonium for a handful of crude atomic bombs, and unveiled a uranium enrichment facility in 2010, but it must continue to conduct tests to master the miniaturization technology crucial for a true nuclear weapons program.

‘‘With an additional nuclear test, North Korea could advance their ability to eventually deploy a nuclear weapon on a long-range missile,’’ said Daryl Kimball, executive director of the nongovernment Arms Control Association.  [Boston Herald]

Tags: ,
  • Kingkitty
    12:01 pm on December 28th, 2012 1

To off-set the growing global port shortages, Korean beef and leaf restaurants which cater to Americans are substituting Pork and Beef for Cat meat. Experts say the meat cannot be distinguished from pork or beef depending on how its prepared and with the right sauce the cat meat taste the same.

Korean authorities refuse to investigate citing no public risk to health and the Americans have no jurisdiction to investigate per SOFA agreements drafted in Sept 1998.

When asked to comment for the Daily Socialtarian (Canadian Teachers Weekly Magazine) a woman identified as Kim, yuan song proprietor of the beef and leaf restaurant just outside of the Osan CPX gate was quoted as saying “Meat is Meat, what problem?”

• Thomas
    5:09 pm on December 28th, 2012 2

@2

That probably goes into the weekly open thread.

• Kingkitty
    3:12 am on December 29th, 2012 3

Meaning what? Are you the all knowing OZ? I think not. This has everything to do with Nuclear testing.

• Thomas
    4:48 am on December 29th, 2012 4

Not the know it all. Just think it would go in the open thread as your comment had nothing to do with this(or any) round of nuclear testing in the DPRK.

• Kingkitty
    3:31 pm on December 29th, 2012 5

How can you possibly say this Thomas? I do not think your understanding the subject of the post

• Mike
    6:06 pm on December 29th, 2012 6

Kingnutty you are an idiot. The South Korean economy is doing great and Koreans eat better than we ( Americans ) do.

• Kingkitty
    4:54 am on December 30th, 2012 7

Mike you have no idea what your talking about. I am only reporting. Who are you of all people to call anyone an idiot. Go home and call your mother an idiot. At least you know her. You have no ideal of my sources and you have not verified any of what I said.

• Thomas
    6:48 am on December 30th, 2012 8

@5

This is a post about a 3rd nuclear weapons test. Your comment/reporting is about people eating cat meat that is made to taste like beef. I wouldn’t mind reading about it but, I just think it would fit better in the open thread.

• Kingkitty
    11:48 am on December 30th, 2012 9

3rd nuclear weapons test? What are you talking about. I see no comments about weapons tests. It seems all the comments here are about cat meat. My suggestion Thomas is if you wish to talk about weapons testing to find a open thread where you can express your ideals about testing nuclear weapons. I personally do not understand why your so fixated on nuclear weapons. I guess some people are fascinated by these sorts of things.

Thomas…..Give peace a chance….Thats all were saying

• Thomas
    1:04 pm on December 30th, 2012 10

Read the topic that these comments are supposed to be for. This is a story on a possible 3rd nuclear test by the DPRK. The only reason cat meat is here(where it shouldn’t be) is because of you. I was trying to be kind about it. You are being unreasonable and ignorant about it though.

• Kingkitty
    2:20 pm on December 30th, 2012 11

Thomas I just dont understand your war mongering spirit. Cant we just all get along? Do not be a peace hater my friend. In the spirit of the new year you should make a resolution to make world peace your mission. Let the nukes go my friend and use your energy to help the homeless and children of the world. Maybe you can take some of the negative energy your giving us and turn it into some positive energy by sending some relief supplies or funds to the survivors of Hurricane Sandy. Some child is living in a dumpster and did not get a present this year and all your concerned nuclear weapons. If you really have fetish of killing and nuclear weapons look up WWII and Japan and see what the results of nuclear weapon loving people caused.

My suggestion is that you open a nuclear testing thread so you and others like yourself can talk about nuclear weapons.

• Kingkitty
    2:22 pm on December 30th, 2012 12

Also turn that frown upside down

• Thomas
    3:06 pm on December 30th, 2012 13

I do not make threads or topics here. I just like an orderly blog. It makes things easier to follow.

I do not care what you are ranting about with that wall of text. I do know this thread was SUPPOSED to be related to the 3rd possible nuclear test by the DPRK.

My suggestion is you post your cat meat concerns in the Open Thread where it belongs. That is why open threads are made, for anything Korean related that does not have an active open topic.

• MTB Rider
    3:17 pm on December 30th, 2012 14

Thomas, you are being trolled. Just an FYI.

• Kingkitty
    12:49 am on December 31st, 2012 15

Thomas I urge you to light a candle for world peace. Think of all the hungry children of the world and ask yourself would you rather spend money on Nuclear weapons or feeding children? I am afraid of your answer.

Lets all join together now….place your hands on your monitors and begin singing WE ARE THE WORLD….in three two one….SING..

Don’t you feel better Thomas? Take your mind away from killing and destruction and think about alternative heat energy sources like solar or shoe lace recycling. I believe if we all work together we can make a difference for our children and their children. It just takes one step at a time.

Rider: I just don’t get this guy.

3:59 am on December 31st, 2012 16

15. It’s like he’s no better than the norKs.

• Maui
    4:35 am on December 31st, 2012 17

Bad Juju here.. So we dig a whole that is in a flood zone to test a possible nuke, go boom or fizzle we have a possible leaching of radioactive in the surrounding ground water, that supply water too… a cat farm :shock:

4:39 am on December 31st, 2012 18

17. Our troops are being fed radioactive cat meat?

• Kingkitty
    4:45 am on December 31st, 2012 19

Finally someone read the article. See Thomas your going on about blowing up the Japanese and all you had to do is read the whole article then you would of understood the tie in to the cats. I wonder where your mind is at Thomas

• Maui
    5:28 am on December 31st, 2012 20

I for one wouldn’t touch a cult clan crazed nork corean cats with a ten meter pole. :idea:

• Glans
    7:24 am on December 31st, 2012 21

The developers of rockets and bombs are engineers, not scientists. The science was done long ago.

• Kingkitty
    4:24 pm on December 31st, 2012 22

Yes but first these engineers must first understand the tectonics for a proper BBQ of a domestic cat. Its an entry level course usually in their first year of university

• Thomas
    5:05 pm on January 1st, 2013 23

Yeah, I’m done reading this blog.

• Kingkitty
    1:03 pm on January 3rd, 2013 24

Problem is Thomas is that you never really read the posts. If you had you could of joined in and talked about your experiences eating cat meat. Instead you decided to play home moderator. If you want to be a moderator then talk to the website but other wise you maybe should respond in kind, ignore the posts or just mind your own damn business.

Bad Behavior has blocked 31170 access attempts in the last 7 days.