Avatar of GI KoreaBy on February 14th, 2013 at 4:46 am

South Korea Tests New Precision Strike Cruise Missile

The South Koreans are showing off their new cruise missile technology to the North Koreans in response to the recent nuclear test:

South Korea unveiled a cruise missile on Thursday that it said can hit the office of North Korea’s leaders, trying to address concerns that it is technologically behind its unpredictable rival which this week conducted its third nuclear test.

South Korean officials declined to say the exact range of the missile but said it could hit targets anywhere in North Korea.

The Defence Ministry released video footage of the missiles being launched from destroyers and submarines striking mock targets. The weapon was previewed in April last year and officials said deployment was now complete.

“The cruise missile being unveiled today is a precision-guided weapon that can identify and strike the window of the office of North Korea’s leadership,” ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters.  [Reuters]

Tags: , , ,
  • Baek In-je
    5:10 am on February 14th, 2013 1

When I was a normal-size 12 year old boy, the neighborhood bully (16 years old, 6 foot, 220lbs) cornered me on my paper route one morning before light. He said that he would let me get the first punch in the fight. He closed his eyes and put his hands behind his back, angling his face so that his jaw was protruding forward. I decided not to hit him first. South Koreans are not so smart. You shoot a missle into Pyoungyang, and you are going to be very very sorry. They really think they can beat the North; that is the funny part of it.

• John in NY
    6:58 am on February 14th, 2013 2

You know, this explains a ton about you. It really does bro. I’m sorry your life turned out the way it did. But cool story bro.

• Slowguy2
    6:21 pm on February 14th, 2013 3

“South Koreans are not so smart. You shoot a missle into Pyoungyang, and you are going to be very very sorry. They really think they can beat the North; that is the funny part of it”.

Baek In-Je — so you’re trying to mock South Koreans for doing something they actually HAVEN’T done? Insult humor only works if it’s intelligent — that is the funny part of it.

• nuderobot
    6:29 pm on February 14th, 2013 4

Actually BAEK IN-JE, you’re the one that’s not so smart if you think the ROK is going to follow your retarded fantasy scenario (ah, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?).

• Baek In-je
    11:15 pm on February 14th, 2013 5

You three have hurt my feelings with your unintelligent comments. And you are not my bro.

• Kingkitty
    3:29 am on February 15th, 2013 6

I think we are all a little dumber after reading all the posts here and I for one as far as I can tell…and Baek you really cannot for sure count this out am not anyones biological brother here. I say give the North a nuke but give them the instructions for setting the clock on a 80s era VCR……Then we will have a lot more parking up north

Bad Behavior has blocked 31600 access attempts in the last 7 days.