Adolph Hitler lives on

» by in: Uncategorized

He is stumping for votes in Northeast India.

Adolf Hitler is running for election in India. So is Frankenstein.

The tiny northeast Indian state of Meghalaya has a special fascination for interesting and sometimes controversial names, and the ballot for state elections Saturday is proof.

Among the 345 contestants running for the state assembly are Frankenstein Momin, Billykid Sangma, Field Marshal Mawphniang and Romeo Rani. Some, like Kenedy Marak, Kennedy Cornelius Khyriem and Jhim Carter Sangma, are clearly hoping for the electoral success of their namesake American presidents.

Then there is Hitler.

This 54-year-old father of three has won three elections to the state assembly with little controversy over being named after the Nazi dictator.

His father had worked with the British army, but apparently developed enough of a fascination with Great Britain’s archenemy to name his son Adolf Hitler – though he also gave him the middle name Lu, Hitler said.

“I am aware at one point of time Adolf Hitler was the most hated person on Earth for the genocide of the Jews. But my father added `Lu’ in between, naming me Adolf Lu Hitler, and that’s why I am different,” Hitler told The Associated Press from the small village of Mansingre, 200 kilometers (125 miles) west of Gauhati, the capital of the nearby state of Assam.

Hitler said his name has not stopped him from traveling the world, including to the United States and Germany.

“I never had problems obtaining a visa but I was asked many times during immigration as to why I should have such a name. I told the immigration staff I possibly didn’t have a role in my naming,” he said.- Associated Press

He’s not even sure if he had a part in his naming.  Must have been some telepathy at birth then.

• keyinjpop
    8:51 pm on February 23rd, 2013 1

To be fair, Hitler was a great public speaker. :twisted:

• Onezime
    9:39 pm on February 23rd, 2013 2

When I worked for the government, I came across a Pakistani who had his name legally changed to Adolf Hitler. What an idiot.

• kangaji
    10:40 pm on February 23rd, 2013 3

#2: Pakistanis seem to be annoying the bajesus out of Koreans right now. Netizen comments have REALLY picked up this year.

• kangaji
    10:42 pm on February 23rd, 2013 4

Onezime – Pakistan is democratization.

• Onezime
    11:46 pm on February 23rd, 2013 5

#4,

The guy was most probably an anti-Semite.

• kangaji
    12:26 am on February 24th, 2013 6

#5: This is trending on naver and of course ilbe.

• jim
    7:20 pm on February 24th, 2013 7

op: my experience with customs officials (especially ones over the phone) is they are programmed to ask questions, not necessarily analyze answers.

so maybe mr. hitler meant that it is possible he didn’t have a role in his naming.

i can’t remember the last time someone picked their own birth name.

• Conway Eastwood
    9:53 pm on February 26th, 2013 8

I want to change my name to Hugh G. Rection.

Bad Behavior has blocked 30858 access attempts in the last 7 days.