Avatar of GI KoreaBy on February 25th, 2013 at 7:02 am

Park Geun-hye Officially Sworn In as President of Korea

It will be interesting to continue to watch the reaction of the North Koreans in the coming months as they are sure to try and test her to see what they can get away with:

SEOUL, Feb. 25 (Yonhap) — South Korean President Park Geun-hye took the oath of office Monday, pledging to revitalize the slumping economy and warning North Korea that the communist nation will be the “biggest victim” of its own nuclear programs.

“As president of the Republic of Korea, I will live up to the will of the people by achieving economic rejuvenation, the happiness of the people, and the flourishing of our culture,” Park said in her inauguration address at the National Assembly plaza.

“I will do my utmost to build a Republic of Korea that is prosperous and where happiness is felt by all Koreans,” she said before tens of thousands of people in attendance at the ceremony. The Republic of Korea is South Korea’s official name. [Yonhap]

• Flunky Brewster
    8:00 am on February 25th, 2013 1

I wish her well and hope she sticks to her guns when the North tests her.

• Bill Purcell
    9:30 am on February 25th, 2013 2

If she is anything like my wife she will be pulling all the strings, and woe betide if they try to pull back.

• Bobby Ray
    9:41 am on February 25th, 2013 3

I reckon she is sending a message of sort with that military looking jacket and ascot she got on. Anybody else see that or am i just a seeing things?

• MTB Rider
    4:27 pm on February 25th, 2013 4

I think she is saying: “Hello. My name is Park, Geun-Hye. You killed my mother. Prepare to die.”

Or maybe not… ;-)

• Kingkitty
    4:27 pm on February 25th, 2013 5

Let the blood shed begin…..watch out rioters of the 80s…..your jobs and life style are about to be changed

• Bruce K. Nivens
    6:54 pm on February 25th, 2013 6

I hope President Park has a productive and successful tenure in office. I wish the best of luck and good fortune to her and to the people of Korea.

• Conway Eastwood
    9:49 pm on February 26th, 2013 7

I’m looking forward to what the Norks are going to say about her.

Bad Behavior has blocked 30362 access attempts in the last 7 days.