It appears that on schedule the North Koreans are preparing to send a message to the new Korean President Park Geun-hye :
North Korea may conduct a large-scale nationwide military drill in early March, Seoul’s defense ministry said Thursday, raising the possibility of fresh military provocations following the inauguration of a new government in South Korea.
Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters that cold weather military exercises carried out over the winter months involved unusual levels of participation by the artillery, special forces units and ground attack drills by the country’s air force.
He said based on observation of exercises carried out so far, the defense ministry believes it is likely that Pyongyang may launch a nationwide drill involving the land, sea and air arms of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) as well as the North’s large special forces units.
The spokesman said South Korea’s military has moved to increase surveillance of the North and is on guard against any sudden attacks the communist country may launch.
“In the past, the North tended to provoke the South whenever there was a change in political power,” Kim claimed. He also pointed out that the string of visits by North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to military bases where he checked the readiness of soldiers need to be assessed carefully. [Yonhap]
You can read the rest at the link.