What Are Korean Netizens Saying About the Pellet Gun Bandits?

The story about the US soldiers accused of shooting pellets at civilians in Itaewon and then ending in a high speed chase and shooting has gotten plenty of media attention. Besides media attention the incident has also gotten plenty of attention online as well. Over at KoreanBang they have translated a number of Daum comments of what Korean netizens have had to say about the crime:

Good job policemen. You reacted strongly and shot live ammunition~

호놀룰루:

Way to go police!

연필 한자루:

Which policeman did this? That’s one committed police officer~^^

moooons:

Just try and discipline that police officer for shooting live ammunition, I dare you!!

차칸킬러:

If the crime is committed in our country then it should be handled by our courts~

개똥이:

Nice job police

이까따:

Every once in a while the police do something right.

괴물:

Clap, clap! Fire bullets into those crazy bastard American soldiers

yong****:

Hoooray to the ROK police! The policeman can be promoted even by two ranks. If he isn’t promoted, it will undermine the police’s morale. The taxi driver who showed a righteous civic spirit should be awarded and compensated. As they say ‘one rotten apple spoils the barrel’, these troublemakers make the USFK and the US look bad. Aigoo, I guess the USFK commander will bow to apologize soon…

[KoreaBang]

You can read a lot more at the link, but most of the comments were very supportive of the policeman and the taxi driver.

Tags: , , , , ,
  • Mongoose
    5:38 pm on March 5th, 2013 1

Koreans are really pissed for sure. You kind of wonder what attitude those soldiers had about their hosts. Even now, they claim they didn’t shoot the BB gun. I know they are going to be handed a slap in the wrist sentence and get off this shit scot-free. If I were the police officer who shot the phucker, I would have aimed at his head or heart and take him out.

• Burt
    6:08 pm on March 5th, 2013 2

Comments left by 13 year-olds is hardly worthy of attention.

• Smokes
    6:17 pm on March 5th, 2013 3

#1 Uhh yeah, ok that happened.

Anyhoo no one should be suprised at the public sentiment and anyone wanting to try and come up with some kind of defense for these criminals will be hard pressed to come with something. Hopefully USFK will continue to work with the ROK do what it needs to get these people into jail.

7:13 pm on March 5th, 2013 4

Hell, I’m supportive of the policeman and the taxi driver.

What do you all think the odds are that the taxi driver is one of those pseudo volunteer police helpers which sometimes direct traffic? – Not that it matters.

• Helix The Cat
    7:34 pm on March 5th, 2013 5

Netizens make noise but they are usually 11 year olds with nothing better to do. Their greatest achievements in life are getting to level 2 of some stupid video game.

• Helix The Cat
    7:35 pm on March 5th, 2013 6

BTW, doesn’t Koreabang write for the Korea Times? Or was that someone else?

• tbonetylr
    8:09 pm on March 5th, 2013 7

You forgot the numerous “Kill them B*st*rds.”

• Jack
    8:59 pm on March 5th, 2013 8

I like the hypocritical comment about one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.

I guess we can look at the Korean taxi driver who had AIDS and had sex with passengers all over Chechon to spread the disease or the Korea policeman who shot Darren Rossi in the leg and Virginia Tech shooter Cho Seung-hui as typical of Korean cab drivers, cops, and exchange students.

• Fanwarrior
    10:12 pm on March 5th, 2013 9

I’ll just leave this here:
    article.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=10855084

• CurfewViolator
    10:42 pm on March 5th, 2013 10

Dammit. Article won’t load on the NIPR. Can someone provide cliffnotes?

11:14 pm on March 5th, 2013 11

CurfewViolator, you’re not missing anything. The write up and the video are both Hangul secure.

It is basically a greatest hits retrospective of various GI misconduct.

• Zantinni
    12:49 am on March 6th, 2013 12

Interesting, so does this mean I can call the Korean Cops every time I have to dodge BB Gun Pellets that are shot at me and my kids when I go to our apartments playground. Are they going to stop selling the BB Gun Pellets at EMart that my kids have been shot at multiple times by unattended Korean Kids?

• Baek In-je
    1:13 am on March 6th, 2013 13

I am not interested in anything Korean netizens have to say about anything. Those are some of the meanest bastards on the planet.

• Fanwarrior
    1:13 am on March 6th, 2013 14

#11
    As well as a recent case where 3 soldiers stole some korean girl’s credit card and phone

• sam timmerman
    5:58 am on March 6th, 2013 15

I don’t know if Koreans are the meanest bastards on the planet. I do believe they are some of the stupidest people on the planet. They continue to insist that their culture is superior. Try telling that to the horrendous number of people who kill themselves in Korea. The average Korean seems to be very unhappy about their lot in life. They don’t have the right job, they should be the boss. They can’t afford the Gangnam apt. They have to pay bribery to get anything done. Yes, Korea has a great culture the rest of the world should emulate. Fortunately, nobody really cares. If you want respect, you earn it. Korea thinks they should get respect, because they are Koreans .. Ya right. They are just a bunch of little people, who insist on staying like they are, can’t seem to learn to move on. Great place – NOT

• John in CA
    11:48 am on March 7th, 2013 16

#15 sam timmerman

I think you are full it. And yeah no one cares about what you have to say. Just letting you know so you don’t pollute this blog.

• John in CA
    11:49 am on March 7th, 2013 17

#13
    You obviously haven’t read about the ‘truthers’ doubting Sandy Hook really happened.

• Barry
    3:27 pm on March 7th, 2013 18

#17

Those were probably Netizens…

• Flunky Brewster
    2:34 am on March 8th, 2013 19

Netizens: I hate you USA. USA = KKK. Sorry, now I must go to Starbucks to meet my English lesson study group so I can get into college in USA. TTYL

• Baek In-je
    4:18 am on March 8th, 2013 20

You ever notice it is mostly the Koreans with the ad hominum attacks?

• Mooseknuckle
    7:21 am on March 8th, 2013 21

Anybody know if Fat Al is gonna fly in from NYC and get a march going for this?

Bad Behavior has blocked 28866 access attempts in the last 7 days.