Avatar of GI KoreaBy on March 16th, 2013 at 6:11 am

TDC Ville Brawl Lands Soldier In Hospital With Stab Wound

Update: I received an email from the 2ID PAO and this is how he explains the incident:

U.S. Soldiers injured in Dongducheon altercation 미군 장병들이 동두천에서 언쟁 중 부상을 입었다

CAMP RED CLOUD, South Korea – Four 2nd Infantry Division Soldiers were injured during an altercation with a male club manager in Dongducheon entertainment district today.
캠프 레드클라우드, 대한민국 — 4명의 미 제2보병사단 소속 장병들이 오늘 동두천시 관광특구 거리에서 한 남성 클럽주와 언쟁 중 부상을 입었다.

The Korean male drew a knife injuring three Soldiers and another Soldier was injured when he was hit in the head with a baseball bat. Two other Korean citizens attempted to break up the altercation and one sustained an injury to his head.
한국인 남성은 칼을 꺼내 3명의 병사들에게 상해를 입혔고 야구배트로 머리에 가격을 당해 부상을 당한 나머지 한 병사에게도 상해를 가했다. 두 명의 한국인 시민들은 싸움을 말렸고 그 중 한 사람은 머리에 부상을 입었다.

The Korean male who stabbed the Soldiers is in Korean National Police custody.
미군 장병들을 칼로 찌른 한국인 남성은 한국 경찰에 구속되어있다.

A complete Korean National Police and U.S. Law Enforcement joint investigation is underway. We trust the investigative process will determine the facts. This incident is not representative of the favorable relationship between U.S. Soldiers and Korean Citizens in Dongducheon.
한국 경찰과 미군 범죄 수사단의 공동 수사가 진행 중이다. 우리는 진실을 밝혀내는 수사 절차를 신뢰하고 있다. 본 사건은 미군 장병들과 동두천시 한국 시민들의 좋은 관계와는 거리가 멀다.

“SECOND TO NONE!”
“같이 갑시다”
———————————
Here is the latest in GI shenanigans:

Four U.S. soldiers were injured during an early Saturday morning brawl that involved a knife and baseball bat outside a bar near Camp Casey in Dongducheon.

None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but one soldier was in intensive care Saturday afternoon after being treated for a stab wound to the abdomen, a 2nd Infantry Division spokesman said.

The Korean bar manager told police that he was outside his establishment in The Ville shortly after 6 a.m. when he the four soldiers “provoked” him into an altercation by suggesting that his club employed prostitutes, according to the Dongducheon Police and 2ID.  [Stars & Stripes]

You can read the rest at the link, but the club owner claims that the soldiers pulled the knife on him he wrestled it from them and then used it to defend himself.  So am I supposed to believe that one club owner beat up 4 soldiers to include one armed with a knife?  I think it is likely there is more to this story.

Anyway Yonhap has an article up on the fight that also says the soldiers threatened the club owner with a knife and he snatched it and defended himself.  Then there was two other Koreans involved that supposedly were trying to break up the fight.  Many of these clubs have gangster ties so it appears that these GIs pissed off the wrong guy that morning.  According two Yonhap two of the soldiers were stabbed with one having life threatening injuries to his abdomen and is currently at 121 Hospital on Yongsan.

Tags: , , , , , ,
  • Bones
    6:22 am on March 16th, 2013 1

Maybe the club owner is also a ninja? You know what really kills me is the inability of some people to walk away from a bad situation. I fully understand that they were all drunk but still out of 4 of them not one had the sense to walk away.

6:42 am on March 16th, 2013 2

I have problem with S&S article.

1. The fight took place shortly after 6 AM in the morning? I thought there was “curfew” in place.

2. So, in TDC, people hang around wielding knives and baseball bats? pretty scary place. Who had the baseball bat and the knife in question. Someone was looking for trouble.

3. A TDC club owner beating up 4 GIs?

I’d never mess with organized crime thugs in Korea. They are very deft at hand to hand fighting…. not just Bruce Lee Kung-Fu fighting stuff..the real close-in combat skills. But, a Korean club owner beating up 4 GIs? That’s a BS.

Those TDC GIs and Stars and Stripes are bunch of liars. They are twisting words.

6:50 am on March 16th, 2013 3

If the fight did took place shortly 6 AM, then USFK wide curfew was itself a BULL SHIT media hoax to begin with. Unless, the curfew didn’t apply on Saturday mornings.

• jslim
    7:10 am on March 16th, 2013 4

the gi’s were probably trying to get some from the PI skanks that work in the bar

• Tom
    7:33 am on March 16th, 2013 5

One Korean guy beat up the four GI’s who should be in their barracks? Good on the Korean guy. :lol:

Why are GI’s roaming around Korea at 6am pi*sing off the locals?

• Smokes
    7:36 am on March 16th, 2013 6

A better question is when are you going to decide between posting as “Tom” or “Mongoose”? :cool:

• FLASH GORDAN
    8:38 am on March 16th, 2013 7

@3 The USFK Curfew is 0100-0500 EVERYDAY. Also if you have a Pass or are on Leave, the Curfew does not apply to you. Probably after this one that will all change for the worst, again.

• JoeC
    1:38 pm on March 16th, 2013 8

I don’t know how the curfew is applied in TDC but in other places, GIs have been known to share a hotel room or stay at an off-base residence between the hours of 01:00 and 05:00 where the continued drinking. Then, at 05:00 they are back out to one of the few all night bars still open.

So, this may not have technically been a curfew violation.

10:08 pm on March 16th, 2013 9

I’m very interested who produced the knife. I suspect it will be the key factor in what happens to who. I suspect the bat must have came from the bar, or one of the adjacent bars, unless it was “bat night” in the ville.

So I’m 50/50 on whether the knife was produced by the Korean or the GI’s. I have to say I’m leaning toward thinking the GI’s are the one’s who introduced the knife into the situation.

I can’t imagine a situation where a bar owner in the ville would pull a knife on soldiers, much less actually use it.

I’d say I’m about 90% certain the Koreans produced the bat.

As far as casting aspersions about hookers working in the bar (I could care less) perhaps the GI’s were there to pick up a girlfriend and adjushi wasn’t ready to close/let her go. I can see that.

This should be a pretty straight forward investigations as the larger clubs have CCTT and the streets in the ville are well covered by CCTT, likely multiple angles.

If the Korean did introduce the knife this is very serious and he may do hard time. It seems right now that everyone involved were probably wrong to some extent. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I’ll keep my ear to the ground for the inside scoop. ;)

A police shooting and bar stabbings all within about one month, USFK is rocking it!

10:10 pm on March 16th, 2013 10

8. Curfew is 01:00-05:00 in TDC just as elsewhere. There was no curfew violation here. The troops went on post prior to curfew and came back out slightly after 05:00.

10:40 pm on March 16th, 2013 11

Then, it was self-defense for the bar owner. Four presumably huge and young American GIs ganging up on you to either beat you up or intimidate you. In that situation, I would use whatever means necessary to defend myself even if that meant killing the aggressor.

In the U.S., backward states like Florida, Alabama, Mississippi have something called “stand your ground” rule or law. You can kill anyone and get away with it; if you shot and killed someone on self-defense.

It’s pretty clear that the US 2nd ID PAO wants to paint the bar owner as the perpetrator instead of those GIs who’d ganged up on the club owner.

If I were TDC Korean, I’d carry around a Sashimi Knife too to defend myself against 4 huge American soldiers looking for hookers.

10:43 pm on March 16th, 2013 12

And I wouldn’t just stab abdomen: I’d go for the jugular.

10:45 pm on March 16th, 2013 13

The backward states include all of American South. I think they all have similar stand your ground laws. That hooded black kid got smoked by a white guy with happy trigger.

I’d do the same to any big American GI kids roaming around looking for hookers in my neighborhood.

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    11:04 pm on March 16th, 2013 14

The self-defense defense likely ended once the bar owner, in ninja like fashion, had the knife.

The advanced legal thinking of Korea and Korea’s jurisdiction applies. You might as well talk about law on the moon or the high seas.

The Korean bar owner doesn’t have to serve hard time or any prison time either. Koreans have regulations on self-defense too.Then, it was self-defense for the bar owner.

I do not know that Korean courts recognize self-defense; I think Korean laws recognize relative damage. According to what I’ve read about Korean law, the Korean bar owner will owe the soldiers blood money, regardless of who started the fight.

11:14 pm on March 16th, 2013 15

Nope. The bar owner happened to have the knife thankfully for him or else, the owner might have been beaten to death by those four idiots from the US 2nd Division in TDC. Are they members of 1st Brigade? Bunch of thugs? Imagine what they’d do to Korean civilians if they could get away with it. Murders, Rapes, Theft would abound where ever USFK boys go.

11:18 pm on March 16th, 2013 16

Let me take that back. Stand your ground law is advanced so that make ALL of American South advanced right? ^^

That Korean bar owner deserves to be recognized for his self-defense measures taken on those 4 GI Joes. Korean court should follow American stand your ground rules.

11:26 pm on March 16th, 2013 17

11. Mongoose Tom: One of those “4 huge American soldiers” involved in this incident is a Korean named Yoo.

LOL! Kinda makes you look like (more of) a jackass.

…and I’ll once again point out that everyone isn’t automatically rallying around the GI’s.

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    11:27 pm on March 16th, 2013 18

If it was indeed self-defense (and we will see as the facts come out), then we should start the debate. I hope Koreans rethink their laws and start to debate, too.

Korean court should follow American stand your ground rules.

What Korean courts “should” (as in good advice) do and are legally obliged to do are two different matters. Korean courts are legally obliged to rule by Korean law.

This heroic ninja bar owner, regardless of whether he was defending himself, will be found legally liable in Korean court.

11:45 pm on March 16th, 2013 19

The Korean National Police Agency recently revised its guidelines for identifying instances of self-defense. The agency outlines eight criteria in determining whether a case meets the requirements: The act must have been intended to defend; the defender must not have started the violence; The act of defending cannot be more violent than the attack itself; a deadly weapon was not used; further violence cannot be used after the attack; the defender cannot inflict more harm than the attacker; the act must not result in harm requiring more than three weeks of hospitalization.

Could be a problem here.

A pretty good article about Korean law and self defense:

11:45 pm on March 16th, 2013 20

#17, #18, Regardless of your hapless attempt at defending your own kind, I am advising Korean folks around me in Itaewon, Ouijongbu, and TDC to carry with them at all times one or more of following to defend yourself from horny GIs roaming about: a taser gun, a BB gun, a condom, a whistle, or a sashimi knife that can stick a guy with ease.

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    12:18 am on March 17th, 2013 21

“#17, #18, Regardless of your hapless attempt at defending your own kind….”

I wrote #18. My “attempt at defending (my) own kind” was so “hapless” that I didn’t. I wrote no defense whatsoever.

I (as a non-Korean and one who is not used to getting the crap kicked out of himself or his country) am a firm believer in self-defense. If the situation was indeed as you stated, I agree that the bar owner should reasonably defend himself.

That said, I don’t know any country’s court that would stand for a person’s right to unreasonably defend himself, which might be the case here. I’ll wait for the facts.

The germane jurisdiction is Korea. Korea’s court will rule against the bar owner. It’s just a matter of how much.

(On a side note, I don’t know why you are trolling this issue. I think that you want this one out of the news ASAFP.)

1:07 am on March 17th, 2013 22

And why should I want this issue out of the news limelight ASAFP?

1:20 am on March 17th, 2013 23

I’ve had it with ill-disciplined US military psychos. I can understand why Afghans and Iraqis are so pissed off at your country and your stinking GIs.
    You think they believed in your defend Iraq / Afghanistan crap? Did you?

Quit droning Afghans and Pakistanis.

1:21 am on March 17th, 2013 24

I’m going to raise this issue with the newly elected ROK Prez. bitch.

1:34 am on March 17th, 2013 25

24. You go on with your bad self girlfriend!

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    1:37 am on March 17th, 2013 26

Mongoose @22 and @24, you should want this out of the news because when the facts do come out, the Korean bar owner is going to be found to bear the bulk, if not all, of the legal blame. Regardless of what precipitated the event, the Korean bar owner caused the most damage. At best he has a claim of self-defense, and his defensive actions were not proportional. In Korean court, he’s going to lose.

I hope that you do take the issue up with the new president. You should be careful in how you refer to her on internet message boards.

1:55 am on March 17th, 2013 27

#26, Mr. 2ID PAO, I see where you are coming from, but that is strictly your point of view coming from the USFK. Don’t disguise it. I can tell.

This time, you boys screwed up big time.

And by the way, the lady at the blue house is too busy making Kimchi to read my message. She won’t be much help. Dumb old Korean seniors elected her out of their real estate well-being. Bunch of traitors. The Madame Prez should have gotten married and stuck to making Kimchis at home.

1:58 am on March 17th, 2013 28

Thanks to your boys, I am having a big blast of time in the Korean SNS boards.
    They all want to hold demonstration in front of Yongsan and TDC bases – the candlelight vigils and the works.

I was never much of anti-Americansky but man.. you guys do know how to stick it to some guys… don’t you..

2:14 am on March 17th, 2013 29

28. They want to hold candle light vigils for the stabbing victims?

2:17 am on March 17th, 2013 30

And one more thing: you rockheads are famous in one of the largest Korean internet portal “Daum”.

There’s something called Daum Agora – an internet discussion forum big in Korea.

Some person translated all your comments on high speed chases and spread ‘em throughout the internet.

You all need to watch what you are commenting. You are in essence helping Anti-Americaners. You dig?

• G.I. G.I. Joe
    2:52 am on March 17th, 2013 31

Just reported at Stars and Stripe:

Dongducheon police said they will issue an arrest warrant as early as Sunday for a South Korean man in the stabbing case of three U.S. soldiers involved in a Saturday morning brawl near Camp Casey. They do not plan to press charges against the Americans involved in the incident, police said.

#27 Mongoose: No, I am not Mr. 2ID PAO. I have nothing in this whatsoever. I wish 2ID PAO would actually do something.

• Kangaji
    3:12 am on March 17th, 2013 32

Mongoose isn’t Tom… also what he’s talking about about that article being translated into Korean and posted on daum agora is true but you might have to get a daum account to see it:

• Smokes
    3:21 am on March 17th, 2013 33

Tomgoose @ #30:
    “You all need to watch what you are commenting.”

We’re all pooping are pants.

They’re free to do whatever the hell they want.

• tbonetylr
    3:22 am on March 17th, 2013 34

Leon LaPorte # 9,
    How do you account for one Korean source – Joongang – saying the Korean had the knife?

“The Korean male drew a knife injuring three Soldiers and another Soldier was injured when he was hit in the head with a baseball bat.”

Korean bodyguards in Itaewon have been known to shoot foreigners with pellet guns inside their bars just after serving them drinks.

It’s legal to lie to the police in S. Korea, you cannot be punished!

3:30 am on March 17th, 2013 35

34. We’ll just have wait and see. You and I both know the initial reports on incidents like this are often incorrect, incomplete and confused.

• tbonetylr
    3:37 am on March 17th, 2013 36

Mongoose # 30,
    But they still will never understand us. Let let me explain that for the dummies, you know, like how we will never understand Korea.

• Kangaji
    3:38 am on March 17th, 2013 37

최감독 translates rokdrop for kasengi.co.kr apparently? Looks like kasengi translates non-Korean’s website board comments all over the world including Japan’s 2ch. Interesting…

• tbonetylr
    3:46 am on March 17th, 2013 38

Mongoose # 24,
    So you can call the S. Korean President a “bitch” but if we do then we spread “Anti-Americanism”? Who has said something here besides yourself to spread Anti-Americanism? See, you don’t even understand now do you? Is Mongoose just another “Snuppy” of Tom?

• tbonetylr
    4:07 am on March 17th, 2013 39

To “최감독” and all those @
    Now bust on over to City Hall and start your demonstrations or “candle light vigils,” I can’t wait :!: Be sure to include on your signs “GO HOME YANKEES/GO HOME U.S.A.” and I’ll cheer you on, now go put your pants on and be prepared to fight for your own country. If you fail, you’re nothing but a bunch of losers – but how can you lose unless you don’t really want to defend your own country yourselves? Don’t ever stop protesting, halt traffic and do whatever you have to in order to take your country back, just tell the U.S. you’ll build your Nucs in 6 months. Pathetic, 60+ years of babies bickering.

Didn’t U.S. soldiers start the “candle light vigils” and now S. Koreans have copied them? But go ahead, keep on copying, wouldn’t expect anything less.

• Airdefender
    4:08 am on March 17th, 2013 40

THIS JUST IN: Two more incidents this weekend.

About 0300 Sunday morning, a PFC from Casey or Hovey was raising hell in a Hof in Mapo-gu. They KNP were called and the PFC punched one of them.

Separately, about 0500 Sunday, an NCO who works on K-16 was drinking in Hongdae, got into an argument with a Korean and went to the KNP station to complain. The KNP told him to go home so the NCO pushed the KNP down some stairs.

The CG’s going to loose his mind.

• tbonetylr
    4:14 am on March 17th, 2013 41

Airdefender,
    Kid, Dy-no-mite!!!

• Airdefender
    4:42 am on March 17th, 2013 42

Dangit, lose not loose.

• Smokes
    4:45 am on March 17th, 2013 43

We got it; I don’t even bother to correct my numerous spelling errors anymore. :razz:

Wonder what Frankenthurman’s going to implement now?

4:49 am on March 17th, 2013 44

#38, T-bone, Korean people are gettin’ tired of that lady under the blue roof. She seems to be very aloof. I don’t know what she’s doin’ there. Is she having good time with her two dogs? Are these dogs doin’ her every night? God forbid…

You can call whatever you want with her… I voted for her… I regret it…
    I don’t know what got into me that day in Dec. 2012.

She needs a face-lift though. Her chicks are sagging. I know this nice Apgujong cosmetic surgery clinic.

4:54 am on March 17th, 2013 45

I meant her cheeks. Although I would love to do her caderas…too…

• nomad
    4:55 am on March 17th, 2013 46

This things usually seem to be cyclic but I must say, this time USFK is on a roll.

• Smokes
    5:04 am on March 17th, 2013 47

Well well. Now that the story is more clear I guess we can’t count on all the trolls to come on here and man up about being wrong about the evil 4 GI’s vs. 1 hard-working upstanding bar owner?

Turns out the bar owner lied to the police and without knowing d1ckall about what was going on decided to go-a-slicing.

Personally I fault the Korean-American GI for this all going down the way it did based on what the released facts are.

5:29 am on March 17th, 2013 48

The curfew is a misguided failure.

I too wonder what is going to happen. With enough incidents, I expect the commands to react in some fashion,

• Smokes
    5:32 am on March 17th, 2013 49

Here’s one of the sites carrying the updated story and of course it has no English translation so we’ll have to wait on that. :cry:

• tbonetylr
    5:32 am on March 17th, 2013 50

Smokes,
    There isn’t anything wrong with lying to the S. Korean police, he will not be punished. It’s the Korean way, now we all understand.

• guitard
    6:05 am on March 17th, 2013 51

Damn . . . 25 years ago . . . respectable (and hot) Korean girls would have lined up for a Korean-American staff sergeant. All he would have had to do is choose which one he wanted.

And now Korean-American soldiers are marrying giji-chon flips?

May wonders never cease.

• Airdefender
    6:29 am on March 17th, 2013 52

UPDATE: Well, it just hit the fan. Not sure what echelon put this out, it could just be 2ID HQ, but I’m guessing it is 2ID-wide or Eighth Army or USFK-wide:

All three and four-day weekends as well as all other days off (not including Saturdays and Sundays) cancelled until further notice.

No alcohol.

All soldier risk management assessments reviewed.

All go-to-war packing lists for soldiers (A/B/C bags) inspected and ready.

All combat vehicle load plans validated and vehicle maintenance status’ updated.

2ID stand down to be executed this week taking precedence over all other training.

• Ole Tanker
    6:47 am on March 17th, 2013 53

I figured as much, a love thing with a drinky gurl. (I won’t specify nationality due to cultural sensitivies)

I do believe it is time for USFK to start thinking outside the box!

It is quite obvious.

Since the AF is making an alcohol free barracks in GE, and I see where 1st Tank went 365 days without an alcohol related incident. (that award sure to be at the top of many retirees “I love me” wall.)

A year with out alcohol is very doable.

The profit on fruit juice and coffee can be substantial, especially at 20$ a glass.

For a pilot program let’s make it rank based:)

• Tom
    6:51 am on March 17th, 2013 54

#51, dream on Guitard. It’s more like 45 years ago. 25 years ago was 1988, by then most respectable Korean girls weren’t going out with American GI’s. The ones who were going with them were prostitutes, prostitutes who have been replaced by Filipinas long ago. Even Korean prostitutes don’t want to go out with economically challenged GI’s from a bankrupt nation of crime ridden graffiti covered ghettos. What does that say about America?

• Jim
    6:58 am on March 17th, 2013 55

#39 has the right idea, but it’ll never happen. All those lame ass Koreans who love to demonize USFK will not push it to the point where the Americans would consider leaving. They’re too afraid of the consequences. And as much as they hate being reminded of just how impotent they really are, they know they need USFK to protect Korea from reverting back to the shithole it was before the Americans first arrived. So all this will go no further than a few Korean media outlets and mainly the Korean blogosphere.

• guitard
    7:28 am on March 17th, 2013 56

Airdefender wrote:

No alcohol.

All soldier risk management assessments reviewed.

All go-to-war packing lists for soldiers (A/B/C bags) inspected and ready.

What is your source of information for this? I checked the following and there is nothing about it.

• Tom
    7:44 am on March 17th, 2013 57

#55. There are 8 comments on that site, far less than the hate filled racist comments you get here in this site typically. I don’t see how they can go on a candle light protest with 8 people, but they could include me in on it to make it 9 people. :roll:

8:10 am on March 17th, 2013 58

#55, Jim, I can see why Tom is trollin’ around this blog like a ghost trapped in a purgatory. It’s because of YOU Jim. Your so called shit-hole lives better than where ever you came from. Are you comfy livin’ in Mississippi? Hee Haw? Yeah, you got plenty of lame ass lazy bums like you mosyin’ around… are there?
    Did you run over your ex-slave lately? Are you lookin’ to hang one of them for fun?

#56, Tom, sorry man, I though you were a weirdo. I think you got a point with that redneck Jimbo there from the deeeep south.

• nomad
    11:08 am on March 17th, 2013 59

#54 blathered: “25 years ago was 1988, by then most respectable Korean girls weren’t going out with American GI’s.”

As someone who actually was in Korea during that time, I can tell you that yes, quite a few respectable Korean girls were going out with American GIs – and shocker of all shockers, some even married them. It wasn’t easy for them, because back then it was still frowned upon by most Koreans for one of their own to marry a foreigner.

• Obama's Speech Coach
    3:07 pm on March 17th, 2013 60

“Tom” is still calling girls “prostitutes” because he still can’t get a date.

“Mongoose” may or may not be Tom; but his/her prose smells the same.

All this racist rush to judgement from the usual trolls seems to be a direct result of the fat boy in Pyongyang getting his charge card pulled.

3:54 pm on March 17th, 2013 61

52. Makes sense, they can go back to the good old mode of having alerts and rolling to the field near payday. It’s good for officer career protection.

And HELL YES! Those risk management assessments are the greatest and the single most effective tool for managing soldiers! It’s about time. We need much, much, more risk management assessments. We need to keep them in big filing cabinets and study and update them daily!

57. Tommy, you know you can’t come back to Korea to participate in any candle light vigils. You would be arrested at Incheon and drafted in the military. We all know you do not love your country enough to actually meet your (legal, moral, and ethical) obligation to serve in its armed forces.

• Art Fern
    4:17 pm on March 17th, 2013 62

60 Tom and Mongoose get plenty of “ladies”

• guitard
    5:13 pm on March 17th, 2013 63

Leon LaPorte wrote:

Don’t forget that little nugget from several months back when Tom told us he was adopted and brought to Canada. So he’s one of those Asians with an Anglo first/last name.

• Jim
    5:16 pm on March 17th, 2013 64

@tom, I was referring to those within the whole of Korean society, and not just one particular web site. Oh, and I’m glad you can add…….by ones.

@mongoose, I seem to have struck a nerve, though I honestly can’t say for sure as I don’t speak jibberish. Got just three words for you: Hooked on Phonics.

And the both of you are exactly what I meant by “lame ass Koreans”. All too happy to talk shit about the very men and women who ensure the security of YOUR country, yet too chicken shit to grab a weapon and do the job yourselves. Talk to me after you and the rest of your lame ass bretheren come back and enlist in the Korean military, because that’s all it would take for all USFK GI crimes to stop.

• guitard
    5:35 pm on March 17th, 2013 65

Jim: Tom isn’t Korean — he’s Canadian.

• The Unforgiven
    6:09 pm on March 17th, 2013 66

I believe that most G.Is from all branches of service would be more than happy to not be here. They call Korea the “assignment of choice,” But when they get that assignment they do whatever they can to get out of it. In the rest of the world Koreans run liquor stores, sew shops, dry-cleaners, barber shops, and seedy massage parlors, and unfortunately that’s the way it is probably going to stay. I think allied forces need to leave the peninsula and let South Korea have it out with North Korea and then use their Gulags (prison camps) to make the new Samsung Galaxy Phones or the latest LG TVs. I would say 95 percent of the world doesn’t give a shxx about the Korean peninsula

• Denny
    6:10 pm on March 17th, 2013 67

Unfortunately, both Democrats and Republicans do not want to remove troops from Korea, and both the right and left parties of South Korea do not want them to leave either. So, we are stuck with the US troop presence in Korea, and all the GI incidents will continue.

• MTB Rider
    6:37 pm on March 17th, 2013 68

But you know who WON’T be killing North Koreans? Tom! That’s who!

Can’t come back to the country. He’ll just have to watch it all on Toronto News at Nine!

• Flyingsword
    9:55 pm on March 17th, 2013 69

Haven’t seen this one on any Korean news show…or blog sites for that matter….

Bad Behavior has blocked 36430 access attempts in the last 7 days.