Avatar of GI KoreaBy on March 21st, 2013 at 6:43 pm

PACOM Contractor Falls For Honey Trap and Arrested For Spying

» by in: China

When I first read about this spy case involving the classic honey trap I immediately wondered why the Chinese woman was not arrested?

HONOLULU — U.S. officials say the 27-year-old university student from China started a relationship with a civilian defense contractor more than twice her age and then found out classified information on U.S. nuclear weaponry, missile defenses and war plans.

But is she a spy?

It is clear the Justice Department believes the woman’s boyfriend broke the law, but the criminal complaint that outlines the charges against him never formally accuses her of any crime. It just paints a picture of a young woman who seems to be involved in espionage.

A Justice Department official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing says the government knows the woman’s location and is continuing to investigate her role. Her identity and whereabouts haven’t been released, and U.S. authorities also haven’t said publicly whether they believe she is working for the Chinese government.

She lives in the United States as a student on a J-1 visa, according to an affidavit the FBI filed this week by the FBI in U.S. District Court in Honolulu.

Her boyfriend, Benjamin Bishop, a 59-year-old civilian defense contractor who works at Pacific Command, met the woman at a Hawaii conference on military defense issues.

The counterintelligence agent investigating Bishop said the woman may have been at the conference specifically to meet people like Bishop, who work with and have access to certain classified information, the affidavit said. [Stars and Stripes]

You can read the rest at the link.

Tags: , , ,
    7:01 pm on March 21st, 2013 1

He was just so ronery.

• jim
    7:39 pm on March 21st, 2013 2

so ronery and sadry arone.

• Flyingsword
    7:43 pm on March 21st, 2013 3

Why can’t I get seduced by some hot Chinese spy? …really talk about thinking with the wrong head.

10:29 pm on March 21st, 2013 4

3. Perhaps you don’t know anything.

/sorry
    //I keed, I keed. :razz:

• Hot Stuff
    12:04 am on March 22nd, 2013 5

WTF, no pics of the Chinese gal?

• FLASH_GORDON
    12:29 am on March 22nd, 2013 6

• calvinb1nav
    2:03 am on March 22nd, 2013 7

I saw a picture of her- not very attractive in my opinion and defintely not worth going to jail over (then again, what women is?). The alleged spy had a reputation for being very odd but he didn’t seem too odd when the one time I met him.

• Liz
    3:51 am on March 22nd, 2013 8

“I immediately wondered why the Chinese woman was not arrested?”

There is probably not enough evidence. While there’s proof that he obtained the information and relayed it to her, it isn’t against the law to request such information, to my knowledge. I ask my husband questions he can’t answer all of the time. If he can’t answer (or has any doubt whatsoever), he doesn’t.

5:30 am on March 22nd, 2013 9

I can’t fap to this. :sad:

• Ole Tanker
    5:48 am on March 22nd, 2013 10

• John in NY
    5:55 am on March 22nd, 2013 11

You not expendable Rambo!

• Liz
    7:23 am on March 22nd, 2013 12

#9: I just learned a new meme! Hurray! :grin:

1:03 pm on March 22nd, 2013 13

12. Stick around kid. I’m full of them (it). :roll:

• Flyingsword
    4:46 pm on March 22nd, 2013 14

Hey..I know stuff :razz: lol

Bad Behavior has blocked 31003 access attempts in the last 7 days.