Considering all the other delays in regards to the Camp Humphreys relocation it is only fitting that the school would be delayed too:
SEOUL — One of two new schools at Camp Humphreys will not open this month due to unspecified construction delays, forcing middle and high school students there to temporarily attend classes at the former elementary school.
Humphreys Middle/High School had been scheduled to open on Aug. 26 for the start of the 2013-2014 school year.
But, in a letter to parents, students, sponsors and staff on Friday, Dr. Irby Miller, Department of Defense Education Activity Korea District superintendent, said the school will be opened “at a date to be determined later.”
Neither Miller’s letter nor a statement issued by U.S. Forces Korea on Friday elaborated on why the opening of the school was being delayed. Miller did say the new Humphreys Central Elementary School will open on Aug. 26 as scheduled.
In its statement, USFK said it is “committed to making sure Students and Staff are well supported during the construction process. We will continue to work together with the USAG Humphreys community, and the construction and management teams to meet all required testing, certifications and standards.”
Construction of the elementary and middle/high schools cost $81.3 million and was funded by the South Korean government. [Stripes]
The other thing to wonder about is how many students will be in this school since the USFK leadership has decided to backtrack on normalizing tours in Korea?