Avatar of GI KoreaBy on September 2nd, 2013 at 7:40 am

Former Yongsan Officer Fined for Fraternization

A former Yongsan officer seems to me should be thankful that his punishment was not more severe:

FORT SILL, Okla. — An Army Reserve major from the Oklahoma City area pleaded guilty Thursday at Fort Sill to charges related to an improper relationship with an enlisted soldier.
The military judge, Lt. Col. Patricia Lewis, fined Maj. David W. Price $4,480, but did not sentence him to confinement.
The charges involved a consensual sexual relationship Price had with a sergeant, including while he was stationed in Yongsan, South Korea, in 2008 and 2009. Military regulations prohibit officers from having sexual relations with enlisted members.
Price, 42, of unincorporated Oklahoma County, was serving with the military police at the time of the relationship.
In a pretrial agreement, Price agreed to plead guilty to fraternization, adultery and conduct unbecoming an officer.
In exchange, military prosecutors agreed to drop more than 40 cybercrime-related charges, including illegally accessing emails and possession of sexually explicit images. [The Oklahoman]

You can read more at the link.

• Glans
    8:12 am on September 2nd, 2013 1

Is the sergeant responsible for her conduct?

• Jerry
    8:56 am on September 2nd, 2013 2

I remember when the DOD pushed this policy on the Army. I had a friend who was an E-6 that was dating an O-2. They were given a year from the effective date of the policy to get married or break up. This is another PT belt policy. I hope the actual punishment was for the other charges.

• William
    10:56 am on September 2nd, 2013 3

Haha, another Officer in our US Army has a very interesting opinion of what should happen to this one…

Capt. John Rosamond, the Army prosecutor, noted that Price served as a recruiter and should serve time behind bars to send a message to other soldiers.

“Maj. Price doesn’t deserve to be an officer,” Rosamond said.

• KingKitty
    10:30 pm on September 2nd, 2013 4

Yea well these officers (judge) are always looking out for thier own unless they shoot up the place….the NCO will be demoted, serve 45/45 and a dishonorable discharge

• Bob
    7:16 am on September 3rd, 2013 5

I don’t know the details of the case, but…Are we still in the 18th century? What the hell? People aren’t supposed to have sex unless it’s to procreate? That’s basically what the message is since nothing would have come of it if they were married to one another.

• Vince
    11:48 am on September 3rd, 2013 6

Laying pipe to a subordinate is pretty bad.

But, per Col Nathan R. Jessup, “…There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote ‘em all, I say, because this is true – if you haven’t gotten a b***-job from a superior officer, well, you’re just letting the best in life pass you by. ‘Course, my problem is, I’m a colonel, so I guess I’ll just have to keep taking cold showers until they elect some gal president…”

Bad Behavior has blocked 29373 access attempts in the last 7 days.