The US soldier who contested the fine he received for his involvement in the Uijongbu subway incident has been found not guilty. I was surprised when I first heard this but then I read the article that showed the Korean accuser reversed his story:
The footage showed the group of soldiers standing on the subway platform after the altercation. Roedl stood several feet away from the subway door while another soldier appeared to briefly step inside and push a South Korean man who was arguing with and waving at them.
The man, Lee Jeong-Seob, testified during the Oct. 17 hearing that he had been injured in the incident. But after watching the footage, he said Roedl did not strike him and he did not remember who did.
The court spokesman said a statement Lee made to police after the incident was the central piece of evidence implicating Roedl. Another soldier told officials that Roedl was not involved in the altercation with Lee. [Stars and Stripes]
Roedl is lucky the Korean man reversed his story and rightfully had his fine rescinded. I do wonder if he has now opened himself up to UCMJ action for what happened on the subway?