Crystall ball time

Here are some predictions for next year

1 New Orleans defeats Denver in the Super Bowl
2 Fidel Castro dies
3 North Korea conducts another nuclear test
4 The United States sees its first major(over 50 fatalities) aviation disaster in over 10 years.
5 A ROK Drop contributor and his wife celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.*
6 The St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup.
7 Rick Scott is re-elected Governor of Florida.
8 Jiyai Shin wins an LPGA Tour major championship even though she plays most of her golf in Japan.
9 The Republican party gains seats in both the United States House and Senate.
10 Oklahoma City Thunder win the NBA Championship.
11 Texas Rangers win the World Series.
12 Phil Mickelson wins the U.S. Open to complete a career Grand Slam.
13 The Dow Jones finishes 2014 lower than it started when the year began.
14 More than half the above predictions are wrong.

Happy New Year.

*- I had to guarantee myself at least one correct prognostication.

• Liz
    10:00 am on December 31st, 2013 1

1. Justine Beiber will die.
    2. Miley Cyrus will go mute.
    3. UF will fire their 2013 football coach.**
    4. I will win the lottery.

***- I had to guarantee myself at least one correct prognostication. :-)

It’s my wish list!

• setnaffa
    1:05 pm on December 31st, 2013 2

Not being a prophet like y’all, I’m witholding my predictions and just wishing all of you the best year of your lives until 2015.

1:05 am on January 1st, 2014 3

The American public will prove (yet again) that they have the government they deserve by re-electing most of their “representatives.”

There will be a scandal or embarrassing news involving criminality and/or gross incompetence on the Camp Humphreys relocation front. Also announcement or admission to further delay(s).

There will be some sort of act (ignoring the expressed will of the people) involving the federal government attacking citizens in Washington or Colorado over legal marijuana.

Miley Cyrus will be arrested.

The price of gold will continue to drop.

There will be no final deal with Iran within six months.

There will be a terror incident at the winter Olympics.

A Bush, Tony Iommi or Lemmy Kilmister will pass away.

The pope will admit it was all bullshit, apologize profusely to the human race, recommend clergy in all countries be prosecuted for crimes against humanity and dissolve the Catholic church (and recommend other organizations follow suit) before stepping down and turning the keys of the Vatican over to the city of Rome to establish a museum.*

*A boy must have dreams!

• Baek, In-je
    3:05 am on January 1st, 2014 4

Korean men will still be reviled as the worst examples of humans on the planet. Plastic surgery will continue rampant in Korea. My autobiography will come out and sell 10,000 copies.

• nomad
    6:04 am on January 1st, 2014 5

Tony Iommi? Why him? I must say though that I was very disappointed with the latest Sabbath CD…after all those years, one would think they could have come up with something better.

10:37 am on January 1st, 2014 6

5. Cancer.

• nomad
    11:42 am on January 1st, 2014 7

Holy crap, I had no idea :sad: Hopefully they can keep fighting it for a few more years.

• johnnyboy
    3:11 pm on January 1st, 2014 8

RokDroppers,

My resolution is to stop drinking this year until which point that it is financially feasible.

My prediction is that it will be quite a while before that happens.

I am going to need help from you guys. I need you all to pick up my slack to make up for all the beers I won’t be drinking. I am just trying to look out for Ambev stockholders as well as keep balance and order in the universe. I am sure there are a few of you who are up to the task and are more than willing to meet the challenge.

• johnnyboy
    3:34 pm on January 1st, 2014 9

Correction: InBev is the company that was turning too much of my income into expenditure.

5:34 pm on January 1st, 2014 10

9. We got your back. :lol:

• johnnyboy
    6:35 pm on January 1st, 2014 11

Luckily for my liver, I am no longer in Korea. You can’t beat getting sloppy drunk for $3. Not until the next morning that is.

11:48 pm on January 2nd, 2014 12

I was hoping for some more ROKhead prognostications…. :roll:

• Ajeoshi Judge
    12:16 am on January 3rd, 2014 13

Dokdo will be Korea’s :lol:

Takeshima will be Japan’s

Liancourt rocks will continue to remain largely unknown to the rest of the world

• ChickenHead
    1:18 am on January 3rd, 2014 14

Wait for it, Leon. I have lots to say but it will take some time. I add something to the list when it comes to mind. Wait a week or so.

Bad Behavior has blocked 32087 access attempts in the last 7 days.