Avatar of GI KoreaBy on March 24th, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Picture of the Day: The Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP)

» by in: Seoul

Here is another picture of the new Dongdaemun Design Plaza that was taken by Robert Koehler. You can see more pictures of this building at his Flickr photostream.  It looks like a pretty cool building.  I will have to definitely check it out the next time I am in Seoul.

Tags: , , ,
  • Me
    4:12 pm on March 24th, 2014 1

Just because it can be done, doesn’t mean it should be done.

• Smokes
    6:21 pm on March 24th, 2014 2

Looks like a giant alien toliet seat landed in Seoul. :shock:

Hope too much public funding didn’t go into that because it’d been better spent on a project to do something about the horrible traffic in that area rather than erect another tourist trap to lure in more Chinese and Japanese money. Probably in the top 3 of worst spots to drive through in Seoul. :sad:

• Judge and Jury
    11:39 pm on March 24th, 2014 3

The traffic was much worse during the baseball stadium days. The stadium was also home to open markets the likes of which have been replaced with modern urban design. Whether it suits your esthetic is your own matter. The traffic flow is not swift, but is sure does flow much much smoother.

You can believe tourist funding propelled most of it, not public taxes.

Why does the motivation always have to be foreign money?

• Smokes
    11:55 pm on March 24th, 2014 4

Walking around the stadium was horrible, I couldn’t drive back in those days but yeah I’d say that was probably my worst experience of travelling on foot in Korea.

5:58 am on March 25th, 2014 5

The evidence before the ROKDrop is incontrovertible,
    there’s no need for The jury to retire.
    In all my years of judging architecture, I have never seen before,
    someone more deserving Of the full penalty of law.
    The way you make us suffer, your exquisite Seoulite brothers,
    fills me with the urge to defecate!

Since, my friend, you have revealed your proverbial rear,
    I sentence you to be exposed before your web based peers.
    Tear down the mall!

• ChickenHead
    8:19 am on March 25th, 2014 6

Before this building was built, I saw the designer’s model for it.

I have no idea why it was displayed on the wall of a supermax prison, though.

2:16 am on March 26th, 2014 7

Is it ironic that the toilets INSIDE this building look like this?

• Smokes
    6:57 am on March 26th, 2014 8

Hey quit abusing your author privileges by embedding links to pics! :o

Bad Behavior has blocked 31872 access attempts in the last 7 days.