Welcome to the ROK Drop the leading military weblog out of Korea.
This website has been online since June 2004 providing news and analysis about the Korean peninsula and Northeast Asia. This site features the personal opinions of the authors that contribute here. The opinions of this site is of course are our own and should in no way be interpreted as the opinions of the Department of Defense or the US military in general since we comment a lot about the US military on this site. So in other words don’t complain to the Pentagon because you don’t like what we write because they in no way endorse this blog.
Also if you have any concerns about content on the site such as wanting your name removed from a posting send me an e-mail and I will remove your name. Note after removing your name it may take a few days for Google to remove it from their cache.
Finally, if you have any questions please feel free to send an email to:
gikoreaonline -at – yahoo.com
It may take a little while because the site’s editor may be away from the computer, but all emails will eventually get a response as long as they are polite and not derogatory in nature. I can also be contacted on my Twitter account as well. If you haven’t already feel free to add me as one of your followers on Twitter:
Currently the site features three contributors.
- The first contributor to ROK Drop is GI Korea who has been following US-Korea issues for over 10 years.
- The second contributor is USinKorea who is a former educator in Korea who maintains the excellent USinKorea.org site that track anti-US related issues in Korea.
- The third contributor to the site is Bill Jempty who is a Florida based blogger who also contributes to the Wizbang blog as well. He posts about sports related events.
With the introduction and disclaimer out of the way lets get into what you will find on the ROK Drop. On this site you will find a wealth of information in regards to the dynamic nation of Korea which is a fascinating and increasingly important nation in the world.
Besides tracking current events this site is packed with lengthy historical posts about:
- The Latest News – Read important news as it breaks here on the ROK Drop.
- North Korea Reports – You can read all the latest on North Korea.
- The Korean War – This conflict is known as the “Forgotten War” but it is not forgotten on the ROK Drop where I have various postings honoring the many heroes and actions during the Korean War
- Korean history – Get a better understanding of Korea and how much Koreans have had to overcome to create the vibrant nation people see today.
- Touring Information – Korea is beautiful country to tour around and will provide many great memories if you take the time to really see it. Hopefully this site helps you in that regards.
- Sports – There is plenty on the site about Korean related sports and athletes.
If you know nothing about Korea then it is highly recommended that visitors use the link menu located on the sidebar to explore the many more blogs and information sites dedicated to this area. This site offers one perspective of Korea while other sites out there offer views of Korea from other perspectives that are worth checking out.
Despite being a site dedicated primarily to Korea there are still plenty of postings on this site in regards to northeast Asia issues along with global military issues in general that the site’s editor finds of interest.
All postings on this site can be accessed through the Archives tab on the above tool bar and clicking the corresponding category to search the archives. If you would rather do a key word search on this site then use the search bar located on the sidebar in order to search my archives.
If you find the posting you were looking for or something else of interest feel free to join in the conversation by leaving a comment. A number of highly intelligent readers frequent this site and can really expand on any inquiries you have and would love to read any further information you may have to share on a topic. I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts, supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise. Comments are solely the opinion of the commenter and not the site admin.
I will not delete or censor any comments unless they have content that:
- has classified information
- is abusive
- is off-topic
- contains ad-hominem attacks
- promotes hate of any kind
- name calling
- uses excessively foul language
- is blatantly spam
- the commenter is a sock puppet
All comments are filtered through the Akismet spam filtering technology. The spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect, and from time to time it flags legitimate emails. If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam.
Finally, once again welcome to the ROK Drop and thanks for visiting.